thePlenty.net Forums
Wintrow/Kennit SPOILERS ALL HOBB BOOKS INCL COD - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Wintrow/Kennit SPOILERS ALL HOBB BOOKS INCL COD (/thread-326.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Wintrow/Kennit FARSEER, LIVESHIP, TM SPOILERS - 'thul - Jul-03-2012

Going off topic?!? That certainly has never happened here...

Now what were we speaking of... was it dragon eating habits? or was it how you intend to feed yourselves to the lords of the three realms?

RE: Wintrow/Kennit FARSEER, LIVESHIP, TM SPOILERS - londonlassie - Jul-03-2012

(Jul-03-2012, 03:19 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: Going off topic?!? That certainly has never happened here...

Now what were we speaking of... was it dragon eating habits? or was it how you intend to feed yourselves to the lords of the three realms?

Now that would be a new experience, seeing the inside of a dragon's stomach Proud

RE: Wintrow/Kennit FARSEER, LIVESHIP, TM SPOILERS - 'thul - Jul-03-2012

Human edible? Human chewable?

RE: Wintrow/Kennit FARSEER, LIVESHIP, TM SPOILERS - fool-ish - Jul-03-2012

(Jul-03-2012, 02:56 PM (UTC))londonlassie Wrote:
(Jul-02-2012, 10:34 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: I reckon you've just about hit the nail on the head londonlassie. Kennit's a vulnerable soul beneath all the swagger and bravado. The Wintrow/Kennit story line is probably my favourite too...though I didn't go 'silly' for Kennit like I did for Fitz WubWink

I'm glad it made sense, fool-ish, I frequently feel like I just ramble and go totally off-topic when it comes to trying to work Kennit out Smiling
I've been known to ramble once or twice. It'd be 'thul beings, also known as Lord of the Three Realms who regularly wanders off topic, particularly when hungry PWink

RE: Wintrow/Kennit FARSEER, LIVESHIP, TM SPOILERS - londonlassie - Jul-03-2012

(Jul-03-2012, 08:13 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: I've been known to ramble once or twice. It'd be 'thul beings, also known as Lord of the Three Realms who regularly wanders off topic, particularly when hungry PWink

Ah, that be true, however having lurked for quite a while before getting up the nerve to post, it seems to me that the 'thul beings are also capable of incredible insight. Must be the dragon inside them PWink

RE: Wintrow/Kennit FARSEER, LIVESHIP, TM SPOILERS - 'thul - Jul-04-2012

*grins like only a dragon can do*

Topics deserve a bit of wandering...

RE: Wintrow/Kennit FARSEER, LIVESHIP, TM SPOILERS - Farseer - Jul-04-2012

(Jul-02-2012, 02:58 PM (UTC))londonlassie Wrote: Sorry if I'm not meant to be dredging up old topics,

I'm ever so happy you did. Slurp Please continue to do so wherever the obsession takes you... P

(Jul-02-2012, 02:58 PM (UTC))londonlassie Wrote: My word, this post is long. Toohot

A very sick child, drafting cattle and a gazillion other jobs means that I can't respond like I'd like to (to the actual points within the post) but keep it up, londonlassie! Yay Long Hobb/Lindholm posts and I are old friends... Big Grin

(Jul-02-2012, 02:58 PM (UTC))londonlassie Wrote: This should make sense, but probably doesn't - it's one of those cases where I knew what I wanted to say in my head, and then it came out all bleh on the computer. Sorry guys. Blushing

I should save this paragraph and add it to the bottom of every post I've ever made/I ever make... Wink

I'm sure you have heaps to add after lurking so long, and being in a position to read things over thoroughly and then mull over the whole picture. Flowers

RE: Wintrow/Kennit FARSEER, LIVESHIP, TM SPOILERS - fool-ish - Jul-05-2012

I hope very sick child feels better soon, Farseer Grouphug

RE: Wintrow/Kennit FARSEER, LIVESHIP, TM SPOILERS - Farseer - Jul-05-2012

You are *such* a sweety, fool-ish. Flowers Thank you. Slurp I actually have three sick 'children' in the house but two are teenagers and so are thus (at least in theory) a little less hands-on than the third. P

I will have to come back one day to try and explain what I am about to say but...I think I'd rather keep company with Regal than Kennit....yes, yes I think I would.

Uhhuh Say wha', Farseer? Blink Big Grin

Explain, maybe Undecided , but I'm not sure I can actually justify such a statement. Ouch Maybe I'll change my mind if I think on it some but there you have it. Wink

Looking forward to coming back to londonlassie's post soon...

RE: Wintrow/Kennit FARSEER, LIVESHIP, TM SPOILERS - londonlassie - Jul-05-2012

I also hope your teenagers and little'un feel better soon, Farseer, although I'm surprised the teenagers aren't the more troublesome of the bunch Smiling Wink

I suppose...I don't know, but for me, Regal seemed a bit less difficult to predict than Kennit. I had Regal down as the stereotypical spoiled brat very used to getting his own way and only wanting to keep getting his own way (think Malta, gone very badly wrong). With Kennit, I found it a lot more difficult to work him out, because his reasons for what he was doing were so convoluted and confusing. Regal's excuse for everything seemed to be, "But I have the right to do this."

So I can see why he'd be maybe...more steady (wrong word, but I can't think of the right one) company than Kennit. Less likely to murder you so long as you fawned on him and made him feel special.

That said, some of their personalities are quite similar. Both selfish, both sociopathic, both wanting to be a king, both having some underlying childhood issue which turned them into rather unpleasant people...but I digress...again Blushing

But I'd still rather hang out with Kennit. He makes me laugh P