thePlenty.net Forums
Wintrow/Kennit SPOILERS ALL HOBB BOOKS INCL COD - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Wintrow/Kennit SPOILERS ALL HOBB BOOKS INCL COD (/thread-326.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Wintrow/Kennit FARSEER, LIVESHIP, TM SPOILERS - fool-ish - Jul-05-2012

I think I'd rather be in Kennit's gang than Regal's. Not least because Kennit strove to gain his position in the world, whereas Regal just demanded it and got it. Not that it did any of them any good in the end, but such is life.

And while I'm on this subject, I have a little hope that there'll be mention of Wintrow before the series is over...I became quite fond of him Slurp

RE: Wintrow/Kennit FARSEER, LIVESHIP, TM SPOILERS - londonlassie - Jul-05-2012

(Jul-05-2012, 09:12 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: I think I'd rather be in Kennit's gang than Regal's.

Haha P I'm just loving the idea of either of them having a modern gang. The thought of either of them taking part in a rap battle could keep me laughing forever.

I'm easily amused, never mind me.

(Jul-05-2012, 09:12 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Not least because Kennit strove to gain his position in the world, whereas Regal just demanded it and got it. Not that it did any of them any good in the end, but such is life.

Hear hear Yay

(Jul-05-2012, 09:12 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: And while I'm on this subject, I have a little hope that there'll be mention of Wintrow before the series is over...I became quite fond of him Slurp

That would be amazing Big Grin

RE: Wintrow/Kennit FARSEER, LIVESHIP, TM SPOILERS - 'thul - Jul-06-2012

Unlike FitzChivalry, the feeling with Winthrow & Company was not that their story was complete. The "happily ever after" was missing something for them...

RE: Wintrow/Kennit FARSEER, LIVESHIP, TM SPOILERS - Farseer - Jul-07-2012

I am sick. So sick. Still, I had to pop in to argue with the 'thul beings on this issue once more. P FitzChivalry's story is not complete. Nor is his task done. Tsk, tsk, you beings of little faith.

Wintrow will most certainly feature given his role in past events and as such memories of his deed/s would have passed from She Who Remembers to the other serpents prior to her death. The Lords of the Three Realms will not forget either him or his family line, including Prince Paragon (going on Amber's words that he belongs to he who takes him, not makes him...or somesuch).

Thanks for your kind thoughts, londonlassie. Smiling Your comments re Regal vs Kennit reflect much of how I feel but more to come on that when my head isn't beating in tune to their rap battle. Big Grin

RE: Wintrow/Kennit FARSEER, LIVESHIP, TM SPOILERS - londonlassie - Jul-07-2012

(Jul-07-2012, 02:04 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I am sick. So sick. Still, I had to pop in to argue with the 'thul beings on this issue once more. P FitzChivalry's story is not complete. Nor is his task done. Tsk, tsk, you beings of little faith.

I would love to see a reappearance from the Fool, for sure, to stir up some more mayhem.

(Jul-07-2012, 02:04 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Wintrow will most certainly feature given his role in past events and as such memories of his deed/s would have passed from She Who Remembers to the other serpents prior to her death.

Now there's an interesting idea, I hadn't thought about him turning up in conjunction with the dragons.

I'd love to know how Prince Paragon turned out, as well. Jek mentions in the Tawny Man trilogy that he looks like Kennit...if Wintrow's bringing him up, he might turn out to be the king Kennit could've been if it wasn't for Igrot.

I miss the pirate isles UndecidedBoat

(Jul-07-2012, 02:04 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Thanks for your kind thoughts, londonlassie. Smiling Your comments re Regal vs Kennit reflect much of how I feel but more to come on that when my head isn't beating in tune to their rap battle. Big Grin

You're welcome, and I look forward to it P

RE: Wintrow/Kennit FARSEER, LIVESHIP, TM SPOILERS - fool-ish - Jul-07-2012

Aww, here's hoping all you Farseer people feel better soon Grouphug

RE: Wintrow/Kennit FARSEER, LIVESHIP, TM SPOILERS - Narya - Jul-07-2012

(Jul-07-2012, 02:04 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: FitzChivalry's story is not complete. Nor is his task done. Tsk, tsk, you beings of little faith.

Indeed! Fitz is more than just Catalyst. He is still husband, father, mentor, estate manager, historian, and friend. And even if he stops being those, he is still Fitz, and still has a story to live, just like the rest of us. It just may not be one of high adventure, or great consequence.

RE: Wintrow/Kennit FARSEER, LIVESHIP, TM SPOILERS - 'thul - Jul-07-2012

he has a story to live, yes... but that story isn't the sort that fits in a book of fantasy... There is nothing but family life left for him...

RE: Wintrow/Kennit FARSEER, LIVESHIP, TM SPOILERS - londonlassie - Sep-03-2012

(Jul-07-2012, 09:48 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: he has a story to live, yes... but that story isn't the sort that fits in a book of fantasy... There is nothing but family life left for him...

I have to agree there. I can't imagine where else his story would go but day-to-day life with Molly.

RE: Wintrow/Kennit FARSEER, LIVESHIP, TM SPOILERS - fool-ish - Sep-03-2012

(Sep-03-2012, 12:45 PM (UTC))londonlassie Wrote:
(Jul-07-2012, 09:48 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: he has a story to live, yes... but that story isn't the sort that fits in a book of fantasy... There is nothing but family life left for him...

I have to agree there. I can't imagine where else his story would go but day-to-day life with Molly.

A reunion with Beloved!