thePlenty.net Forums
Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) (/thread-34.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - fool-ish - Jul-27-2011

I've just finished chapter 3...Starling riding off in a monumental huff because she can't have her cake and eat it! I do quite like Starling though. Yes, she can be cruel and hurtful, but she speaks as she finds which is no bad thing, particularly in the world of the Six Duchies where one needs to stick up for oneself! Smiling

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - jasonresno - Aug-04-2011

(Jul-27-2011, 08:06 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: I've just finished chapter 3...Starling riding off in a monumental huff because she can't have her cake and eat it! I do quite like Starling though. Yes, she can be cruel and hurtful, but she speaks as she finds which is no bad thing, particularly in the world of the Six Duchies where one needs to stick up for oneself! Smiling

Are we the same person? I just finished that chapter P.

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - fool-ish - Aug-04-2011

(Aug-04-2011, 03:33 AM (UTC))jasonresno Wrote:
(Jul-27-2011, 08:06 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: I've just finished chapter 3...Starling riding off in a monumental huff because she can't have her cake and eat it! I do quite like Starling though. Yes, she can be cruel and hurtful, but she speaks as she finds which is no bad thing, particularly in the world of the Six Duchies where one needs to stick up for oneself! Smiling

Are we the same person? I just finished that chapter P.
Big Grin I'm nearing the end of Golden Fool now. I've been on annual leave from work and have done very little other than read in the garden as we've had a week of summer weather. All good things must come to an end though, I'm back to work today and it's pouring down! Mad

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - Clarity - Aug-05-2011

(Jun-23-2011, 11:30 AM (UTC))Apricot Wrote: My favorite has to be the Fool/Amber/Beloved however you choose to name him. But so many of the characters are also high on the list, Nighteyes, Burrich, Kettricken, Web are all up there. Fitz frustrates me at times and there has been more then one occasion when my husband has heard me moaning "Oh Fitz, why??" even on the re-reads when I know what's going to happen.

I'll confine myself to characters from the Assassin Trilogy as I need to reread the others to be up to speed for comments.
My favourites are:
Nighteyes - he's so practical and uncomplicated.
The Fool - well, it's obvious really.
Lacey - lethal with those needles. Reminds me of my Grandma Smiling
And I agree with you, Apricot, about both Kettricken (a fine female character) and Fitz (can be SO annoying and couldn't be more unlike Nighteyes if he tried. Maybe that's why they meld so well?)

But Robin Hobb's characters are all pretty well wonderfully developed. We even get to know the minor ones quite well.

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - fool-ish - Aug-28-2011

Kennit, Wintrow, Brashen and Paragon are definitely in my top ten! Very much enjoying Liveships...2 down, one to go Smiling

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - Farseer - Aug-28-2011

That's fantastic! Glad to hear you are enjoying the series, fool-ish! Clapping

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - fool-ish - Aug-29-2011

(Aug-28-2011, 11:40 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: That's fantastic! Glad to hear you are enjoying the series, fool-ish! Clapping
Oh I am! Amber's a firm favourite too but of course that goes without saying. I had an 'aww' moment this afternoon when I read 'it was a gift from my one true love' or words to that effect. Slurp

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - Nuytsia - Aug-31-2011

I'm re-reading Ship of Destiny at the moment.
I'd forgotten how cool Ophelia was.... and for some reason this time around I found myself wondering why the hell Althea turns down Grag Tenira.

(Aug-28-2011, 09:19 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Kennit, Wintrow, Brashen and Paragon are definitely in my top ten! Very much enjoying Liveships...2 down, one to go Smiling

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - 'thul - Aug-31-2011

Well... she was secretly in love with Brashen, and it'd been rather unfaithful of her to hook up with him if she married Grag, wouldn't it?

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - fool-ish - Sep-02-2011

I must add Clef and Ophelia to my list. Clef standing with his hands on his hips in imitation of Brashen made me smile. His devotion was really endearing, bless him. Ophelia is great...a woman of the world who tells it like it is! Big Grin