thePlenty.net Forums
Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) (/thread-34.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - Nuytsia - Sep-06-2011

Well I didn't mean it quite that literally, what I mean is why does she prefer Brashen to Grag!!!!

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - 'thul - Sep-06-2011

Well, there is a tendency in the human species for the females to have a certain preference for the "bad" ones ahead of the "good" ones. It is not logical, but it is still true.

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - fool-ish - Sep-06-2011

It is true, my friend has had a string of bad'uns throughout her life. Didn't do her any good. Brashen's not bad really, just a little on the wild side Wink

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - 'thul - Sep-06-2011

True. Brashen is only a li'l bad, not bad bad.

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - Farseer - Sep-07-2011

(Sep-06-2011, 05:52 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: Well, there is a tendency in the human species for the females to have a certain preference for the "bad" ones ahead of the "good" ones. It is not logical, but it is still true.

Big Grin This has all made me think of a Facebook status that one of my sons placed on his wall not so long ago! It read:

Quote:Some girls claim they want a good guy, but when they meet one, he's 'just a friend'. Then they fall for the player who continues to break their heart and then they have the nerve to say all guys are the same?

Awww! Down

Of course, not all 'bad boys' break hearts but it's kind of a lesson in life that my son has already learned and he's only just turned seventeen. I feel so sorry for him sometimes, especially knowing that I was a goody-two-shoes seventeen-year-old who chose a boy much 'badder' than myself...but who I'd say is quite Brashen-ish and who, I must also say, has turned out to be the perfect life partner for the past 21 years! Dance

I didn't go much for Grag in the books so, like Althea, I'd have chosen Brashen over him any day....even with his slight cindin dramas! I can't explain why. Possibly because I play things safe and need someone who takes some chances to balance me? Such is my relationship with my husband anyway. Grag seemed too 'safe', 'soft' and 'less than passionate' (and not just in a physical way) for my liking...but, don't get me wrong, a nice bloke all the same!

As for Clef...yes, yes, I'd have to agree. What a little sweetheart!

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - Nuytsia - Sep-08-2011

Oh well put me down as a non-typical human female then I guess.......
I didn't find Brashen particularly bad though, just a bit blah.

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - jasonresno - Sep-09-2011

I LOVED Brashen because he acted how I could see myself acting if I were faced with such a stiff, snobby, and prejudiced society.

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - Nuytsia - Sep-17-2011

(Sep-07-2011, 08:10 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Big Grin This has all made me think of a Facebook status that one of my sons placed on his wall not so long ago! It read:
Quote:Some girls claim they want a good guy, but when they meet one, he's 'just a friend'. Then they fall for the player who continues to break their heart and then they have the nerve to say all guys are the same?

My, my, such cynicism in one so young!!!!!

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - fool-ish - Jan-06-2012

I'm adding Rapskal to my list of favourites Smiling

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - 'thul - Jan-06-2012

Good. Very good. He is an excellent character.