thePlenty.net Forums
Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) (/thread-34.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - 'thul - Feb-16-2012

These beings have not heard of it, so (probably) not Norway.

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - Gielske - Feb-16-2012

Maybe it was Finland or Sweden. Finland is probable, since I've got friends there and would sooner remember it.

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - 'thul - Feb-16-2012

Agreed. More probable. Some Swedish news bleed across the borders, and the Norwegian and Swedish wolf packs do sometimes interact, so it would have been more likely to be known to 'thul. It is rare for Finnish news to come to Norway.

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - Brashen - Feb-17-2012

(Feb-16-2012, 12:43 PM (UTC))finella Wrote: I’m also german Clapping

Great Yay Hast du auch die Deutschen Versionen gelesen? Die unterschiedlichen Übersetzungen... schlimm... Ich hab angefangen Korrekturen vorzunehmen. Meine Bücher sind voll davon Ouch

Ok, enough German Smiling Nice to meet you Clapping

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - 'thul - Feb-17-2012

Hmm... interesting... 'thul only had to look up one word there to understand your german text...

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - finella - Feb-17-2012

(Feb-17-2012, 12:40 AM (UTC))Brashen Wrote:
(Feb-16-2012, 12:43 PM (UTC))finella Wrote: I’m also german Clapping

Great Yay Hast du auch die Deutschen Versionen gelesen? Die unterschiedlichen Übersetzungen... schlimm... Ich hab angefangen Korrekturen vorzunehmen. Meine Bücher sind voll davon Ouch

Ok, enough German Smiling Nice to meet you Clapping

Nice to meet you too Slurp!!!

Yes, I read the german translations first. I thought they were not too bad, esp. the first german edition of Farseer. At least they were so good, that I fell in love with Robin Hobb and bought everything, I could get from her, both english and german <3. But I would NEVER EVER "spoil" them by scribbling in them Angel. Big Grin.
Though I'm crazy enough to read them all on my kindle, but nevertheless buy them and fondly look at them in my bookshell. But I concede that I never ever touched the german ones again, since I read all the english versions. They are soooo much better.

Worüber ich mich echt ärgere, sind die bescheuerten deutschen Cover und Titel von Dragon Keeper und Dragon Haven. Hast Du die schon gesehen?

@thul: let me guess: was it "Korrekturen" Flowers

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - 'thul - Feb-17-2012

nope. It was "unterschiedlichen".
"korrekturen" is easy to see. It is very similar to a Norwegian word for proof-reading, "korrektur".

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - finella - Feb-17-2012

(Feb-17-2012, 10:25 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: nope. It was "unterschiedlichen".
"korrekturen" is easy to see. It is very similar to a Norwegian word for proof-reading, "korrektur".

Yes, now, as you say it, I can see (i think Wink)
"Korrekturen" ist similar in many languages . CORRECTION (english), CORRECCIÓN (spanish), KORREKTUR (norwegian) Wink

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - Gielske - Feb-17-2012

correctie (Dutch)

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - Valarya - Feb-17-2012

I never would have guessed 'KORREKTUR' or the German versions were words for Correction... but now that you say so, I can see it.

French & Spanish are the easiest for me since their words are mostly similar to English. Blushing

I worked for a Palestinian family for over 3 years so I have a smattering of understand for Arabic. I've also watched so much anime throughout my life I can somewhat understand Japanese, too.

I wish I could speak another language fluently enough to visit forums in that language and type in that language. You guys all use more of your brains than I do. P