thePlenty.net Forums
Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) (/thread-34.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - fool-ish - Jul-09-2012

(Jul-09-2012, 06:06 PM (UTC))londonlassie Wrote:
(Jul-08-2012, 10:23 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: GRRM's good at that. You could absolutely loathe a character one minute, yet the next they're not really that bad at all. Works the other way round too, of course...Daenerys Stormborn, I'm looking at you Ouch

At the risk of looking a bit dim, who is GRRM?
Oops Blushing sorry londonlassie, I'm so used to abbreviating it. It should have read George R R Martin. Smiling

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - 'thul - Jul-09-2012

These beings will elaborate just a tad more to be certain you know whom without browsing it up...

GRRM = George R R Martin = Author of A Song of Ice and Fire / mastermind behind the Game of Thrones

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - fool-ish - Jul-09-2012

(Jul-09-2012, 08:51 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: These beings will elaborate just a tad more to be certain you know whom without browsing it up...

GRRM = George R R Martin = Author of A Song of Ice and Fire / mastermind behind the Game of Thrones
What that lot said! P

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - londonlassie - Jul-10-2012

(Jul-09-2012, 09:12 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote:
(Jul-09-2012, 08:51 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: These beings will elaborate just a tad more to be certain you know whom without browsing it up...

What that lot said! P

Ah...I've heard of A Song Of Ice And Fire/Game Of Thrones in some Hobb discussion threads on fantasy forums, but I've never read them. Many thanks, fool-ish and 'thul beings Smiling

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - 'thul - Jul-10-2012

they are fairly good books.

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - fool-ish - Jul-10-2012

(Jul-10-2012, 07:50 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: they are fairly good books.
fairly good? They are excellent and highly recommended!

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - 'thul - Jul-10-2012

'thul leaves the excessive optimism to you. When these beings are pessimistically neutral concerning those books, your naturally positive recommendation comes off far brighter.

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - fitzyfitz - Jul-10-2013

Nighteyes will forever be one of my favorites characters in any books!!! He's loyal, nice, funny, and see the life from a so different point of view.... He's just so great.....

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - londonlassie - Jul-16-2013

(Jul-10-2013, 10:18 AM (UTC))fitzyfitz Wrote: Nighteyes will forever be one of my favorites characters in any books!!! He's loyal, nice, funny, and see the life from a so different point of view.... He's just so great.....

I think Her Hobbness did an amazing job of capturing an animal's perspective on life when she wrote Nighteyes. For some reason the "Be more dog" advert for O2 that's on TV a lot at the moment always makes me think of him Blink

I like his sense of humour, too.

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - Apricots - Jul-17-2013

It has to be The Fool for me. Actually I just sat down last night with Ship Of Destiny and skimmed through it to re-read all of the Amber parts and now I've started to read Fool's Errand again. The scene where Fitz is speechless to see him turn up at his door made me a little weepy over my breakfast toast. Blushing