thePlenty.net Forums
Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) (/thread-34.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - 'thul - Feb-25-2011

These beings may have acquired a second favorite character.... Tarman.

That liveship is fairly unique, and much wiser than most other such ships...

It is also a much deeper character than almost most other characters are...

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - Lady Laura - Feb-27-2011

Oh yes, I am looking forward to seeing Tarman again in the next book! Big Grin I just had an idea for a new thread, where we would predict/discuss what could happen in Hobb's next RW book? Or is there already a thread for that? P

I wanted to ask, (I dont know where else to ask this, and it seems safe to do so on this thread) how much exactly is the Fool in the Farseer and Tawny books? I'm really looking forward to reading about him/her, and it suddenly struck me that I don't know how big of a part he/she plays in the books! Alright, I know its a big part, but is the Fool actually in the books a lot? Would he/she be classified as a main character? I'm just curious, in case I am setting myself up for the Fool to be a main character, when he/she's not in it as much as I am expecting P

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - 'thul - Feb-27-2011

Quote:Oh yes, I am looking forward to seeing Tarman again in the next book! Big Grin I just had an idea for a new thread, where we would predict/discuss what could happen in Hobb's next RW book? Or is there already a thread for that?

These beings cannot recall a thread dedicated to such guesswork, but they think you can create it... (farseer? is it acceptable?)

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - Farseer - Feb-27-2011

There's a thread for the next Rain Wilds book where some have already talked about what they think may happen, as well as there being general info re the release date etc.

Once the book finally comes out, that "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds thread will move out of the Upcoming Books section and into the RotE section. It will also have a name change (to the actual title of the new book) to reflect it as being a current thread, I'd say, and so people may tend to go there for discussions on all things related to that book? Have a look though and if you don't think it fits your purposes, go ahead and begin a specific prediction thread, LL. Smiling

Of course, there are other threads that discuss specific things post-RWC eg 'The Demise of the Elderlings' and 'Potential future conflicts and problems in the rain wild chronicles' but these contain some Farseer and TM spoilers so, yes, "The Next Book" thread would serve best spoiler-wise, or a new prediction-specific thread.

As for your question re the Fool, he/she was originally only a very, very small 'bit part' when Hobb first began writing him/her into the plot but he/she grew in ways even she was surprised at... Wink

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - 'thul - Feb-27-2011

ahh... right... none of these beings could remember that thread...

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - Lady Laura - Feb-27-2011

Thanks for that! I'll head to that thread now Big Grin

Wow, looks like the Fool had a life of his/her own while Hobb was writing lol Can't wait to meet him/her!

all great characters tend towards having a life of their own... they generally have some things they will do, and some things they are simply incapable of doing...

Just try imagining someone like Thymara being subservient, docile and obedient, reliant upon some other person for everything (like Greft)... Then imagine making her speak ye olde english at the same time (thees, thous & forasmuches)... Do you see her capable of such?

Maybe, if there was a parody written of Hobb's books LOL But no such hope, seeing as Hobb had condemned fanfiction P That imagine is really funny though! Would we be able to make a light-hearted thread where we poke fun of the characters?

RE: Which RotE character is your favourite? (spoilers all RotE books) - Farseer - Feb-27-2011

Ah, I can't see why not, Lady Laura, so long as it doesn't move into anything that could be deemed fanfic? Mervi (the one 'true' moderator Smiling )is very strict on that issue for the forums as well.

I understand the strictness, we wouldn't want to get into trouble for accidentally writing fanfic >< I might start that thread soon then! Big Grin