thePlenty.net Forums
RotE Timeline (spoilers all books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: RotE Timeline (spoilers all books) (/thread-350.html)

RotE Timeline (spoilers all books) - Farseer - Sep-04-2011

(Mar-03-2011, 09:22 PM (UTC))Mervi Wrote: I think we should have a whole new topic for figuring out the ROTE timeline. Anyone brave enough to start it? P

Okay. As we have been talking abut the timeline in various threads for a while now AND Robin has recently offered the following after being questioned about the timeline on her site, I thought I'd finally give it its own thread. From here we may be able to add things to the wiki from time-to-time as well.

Not sure about anyone else but even this little bit from Robin helped clear up a few things we've discussed previously eg where Blue Boots fit into the scheme of things.

Quote:Chronologically, of course, the trilogies are fairly easy to put in order:

Farseer Trilogy
Liveship Traders
Tawny Man
Rain Wild Chronicles

As for the shorter stories, Homecoming would be before Farseer Trilogy.

The others are not as firmly fixed in a certain time.
Blue Boots Falls during the Assassin’s Apprentice/ Royal Assassin time
Words Like Coins The same time period as Blue Boots.
The Inheritance Predates Ship of Magic
Cat’s Meat I think it would predate Assassin’s Apprentice.

Hope that helps. Most of the short stories are not tied directly to any events that fasten them to a certain time in history.

Robin

As for other timeline discussions eg the one we were having regarding the timeline of the RWC vs Tawny Man, ah, possibly I can try and bring them all over here, even if it means cross-threading? Undecided

RE: RotE Timeline (spoilers all books) - 'thul - Sep-04-2011

Good to know... its fairly logical how that placement is.

These beings have not for a while now been able to log into the wiki and can thusly not work on the article...

RE: RotE Timeline (spoilers all books) - Valarya - Sep-21-2011

I would love to help flesh out the timeline between the end of TM and beginning of RWC! It wouldn't be too challenging since after the first few chapters of RWC you get to 5-years-after TM, right? I haven't read that book since it was released, and only once, so my knowledge of the RWC is much much less than the first 9 books. Blushing

RE: RotE Timeline (spoilers all books) - Farseer - Feb-22-2012

(Sep-04-2011, 12:11 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote:
Quote:Chronologically, of course, the trilogies are fairly easy to put in order:

Farseer Trilogy
Liveship Traders
Tawny Man
Rain Wild Chronicles

As for the shorter stories, Homecoming would be before Farseer Trilogy.

The others are not as firmly fixed in a certain time.
Blue Boots Falls during the Assassin’s Apprentice/ Royal Assassin time
Words Like Coins The same time period as Blue Boots.
The Inheritance Predates Ship of Magic
Cat’s Meat I think it would predate Assassin’s Apprentice.

Hope that helps. Most of the short stories are not tied directly to any events that fasten them to a certain time in history.

Robin

Just putting this in the limelight as the knowledge may benefit newer members with both the timing of each RotE-related story/novel/series and the knowledge that they exist, especially short stories such as 'Words Like Coins' and 'Blue Boots' which did not appear in 'The Inheritance'.

RE: RotE Timeline (spoilers all books) - 'thul - Feb-22-2012

Not bad idea to bring back up.