thePlenty.net Forums
Blood of Dragons (spoilers RotE incl City of Dragons) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Upcoming books & other RH news (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Blood of Dragons (spoilers RotE incl City of Dragons) (/thread-362.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Blood of Dragons (spoilers RotE incl City of Dragons) - Farseer - Sep-23-2011

(Sep-22-2011, 11:28 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Blood of Dragons is the confirmed title for RWC Book Four.

Other latest news is that the City of Dragons cover art that Jackie did for the UK/Australian version is now to also be used for the US version. The same will go for the cover art for Blood of Dragons, the artwork-in-progress which you can view here.

I am intrigued by the figure on the dragon's back. It looks as though the person (Elderling or someone wearing a head-dress?) has an arrow (possibly within a quiver?) toward their back area, and a spear-like weapon or some such as well.

EDIT: Without Mervi I have no way of moving this to the 'Important Threads' section so here it must remain in with the 'Normal Threads' for the time being. Sorry. Down

RE: Blood of Dragons (possible spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - 'thul - Sep-23-2011

These beings did not notice those sketches till now. It would indeed appear the person riding one of those dragons has a quiver of arrows. If the picture name is correct, he is also wielding some form of hunting spear, and is named Rapskal.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-19SzgD2cNLA/TnoRWoWps2I/AAAAAAAAC-4/FRiOzDUF9Es/s1600/rapskalweb.jpg

As for the "headdress", that does not look like any headdress. It looks considerably more like a crest. You'll notice that Heeby has similar style of crest all along her neck. Mostly long spines, but also some connecting tissue.

The second image, the cover, appears to be a different main dragon, as well as several other dragons, at least one of them carrying an Elderling. (no true dragon would consent to carry a human like that)
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HovDoJw1YqI/TnoRJNxCwfI/AAAAAAAAC-w/69p5-nZN5Iw/s1600/cover.jpg

The third image appears from the title to feature Tintaglia and Reyn. She's obviously built differently from other dragons, and Reyn also appears to have a quiver of arrows. One major difference in her build is the expanse of her wings. Longer front to back, though wingspan is hard to determine.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gk4h0fx89fE/TnoRR-UZ0WI/AAAAAAAAC-0/ujWX9tf4-KY/s1600/reynandtintaglia.jpg

RE: Blood of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Farseer - Sep-23-2011

Sorry 'thul beings but, as far as I am aware, we are unable to actually post the images here yet without Jackie's permission...hence the links I've made directly to her site. Even Robin seeks permission prior to posting them on her site, as they are Jackie's works. We can only reproduce them later after they're formally released. Someone please correct me if they know differently.

Can I get you to take them down yourself then, please? This will save me from fiddling with your post...and we know that anything may happen if I did that! Wink

I agree with you in that it's more likely to be an Elderling crest. The weapons, and also the configuration of the grouped dragons, suggest war. Possibly we may see a war with Chalced after all? Or, I wonder if the arrows are made of wizardwood and possibly even the 'spear'? That would indeed put a different spin on the idea of war! So many paths and possibilities...! Clapping

RE: Blood of Dragons (possible spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - 'thul - Sep-26-2011

These beings converted them to links. That should be enough. If it isnt, then these beings apologize.

Those weapons did not look like weapons of war. These beings do not like to burst your bubble, but its very, very unlikely that they are wizard-wood based. Aside from the Tarman, there is no wizardwood anywhere near the dragons. And the keepers respect dragons too much to take wizardwood away from them. The memories within are too valuable to the dragons. Especially in such a critical stage for the dragon species.

In a stage where dragons are many and the population stable, they can afford to use some cocoonwood on things other than gaining memory. In the current RotE stage, such is not possible. It is only through it serving a bigger purpose in its current form that they even allow things like Tarman to exist.

RE: Blood of Dragons (possible spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Farseer - Sep-26-2011

(Sep-26-2011, 08:11 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: These beings converted them to links. That should be enough. If it isnt, then these beings apologize.

Perfect, and a much better idea, thanks 'thul! Smiling

(Sep-26-2011, 08:11 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: These beings do not like to burst your bubble, but its very, very unlikely that they are wizard-wood based. Aside from the Tarman, there is no wizardwood anywhere near the dragons. And the keepers respect dragons too much to take wizardwood away from them.

True, true. Oh! This has made me wonder about something that I really should have wondered about before. I think a little digging is required... Detective

RE: Blood of Dragons (possible spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - 'thul - Sep-26-2011

These beings had not considered that the pictures might not be ones the artist wanted spread around... but in hindsight, it is quite logical... They're good sketches.

One more point for when you go a-digging...
Why would they need wizardwood weaponry? There is only one thing known that needs wizardwood to be slain. Stone dragons.
There are no active stone dragons, let alone ones serving any faction opposed to dragonkind.

RE: Blood of Dragons (possible spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Apricot - Sep-27-2011

It does look like they're armed for war, I'm trying to work out against who? Chalced?

RE: Blood of Dragons (possible spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Nuytsia - Oct-06-2011

War with Fitz!
Big Grin

(Sep-26-2011, 03:04 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: Why would they need wizardwood weaponry? There is only one thing known that needs wizardwood to be slain. Stone dragons.
There are no active stone dragons, let alone ones serving any faction opposed to dragonkind.

(Sep-23-2011, 02:34 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I am intrigued by the figure on the dragon's back. It looks as though the person (Elderling or someone wearing a head-dress?) has an arrow (possibly within a quiver?) toward their back area, and a spear-like weapon or some such as well.

It DOES look like a headdress..... I know this makes no sense though.

RE: Blood of Dragons (possible spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - 'thul - Oct-06-2011

Illogical, Nuytsia, and you know that.

RE: Blood of Dragons (possible spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - littlemizzangry - Oct-08-2011

(Oct-06-2011, 02:34 PM (UTC))Nuytsia Wrote: War with Fitz!
Big Grin

(Sep-26-2011, 03:04 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: Why would they need wizardwood weaponry? There is only one thing known that needs wizardwood to be slain. Stone dragons.

(Sep-23-2011, 02:34 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I am intrigued by the figure on the dragon's back. It looks as though the person (Elderling or someone wearing a head-dress?) has an arrow (possibly within a quiver?) toward their back area, and a spear-like weapon or some such as well.

It DOES look like a headdress..... I know this makes no sense though.

Could be a war amungst themselves!! There was many not getting along, and difference in opinion as to what way they would live their lives with their dragons once they arrived!! But what i want to know is, where is The Fool?.......The Fool was the white profit who set all this in motion and his absence is unforgivable!! He should be here in the middle of it enjoying his hard work!!