thePlenty.net Forums
I'm a monkey... - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: I'm a monkey... (/thread-39.html)

Pages: 1 2

I'm a monkey... - Tintaglia - May-07-2009

...as we say in Italy for very curious people!
Where are you from? Smiling
I'm Italian, and live in the marvellous island of Sardinia, even though I'm going to move to Liguria (near France) next year.
And you?

RE: I'm a monkey... - maulkin - May-07-2009

I am English but I have spent most of my adult life in Wales. I live on the West coast of Wales, a wonderful place with green hills, grey stone cottages and pebble beaches, looking out over the Irish Sea. Today, I am enjoying one of our rare sunny days (rain and mist are more usual)!

RE: I'm a monkey... - Changer - May-07-2009

I'm from Limburg, the most south - eastern part of the Netherlands. I reckon that I live in the most green/forested part of the country cause the rest is all farmlands, city and waterP Interesting fact is that I can walk from my house to either Germany or Belguim within an hour Big Grin as to weather; rain, rain and more rain

RE: I'm a monkey... - Tintaglia - May-07-2009

Ouch! I don't think I'll be able to survive your weather: I need sun, and Saedinia is the hottest Italian region with Sicily.
But I love green palces, maybe because we have rocks and dried grass for the largest part of the year. Smiling

RE: I'm a monkey... - maulkin - May-07-2009

I love the Mediterranean: sunshine, blue sea, aromatic herbs, ancient cities and great coffee! I have visited various Mediterranean places on work trips (hunting for lizards and flowers) and occasionally for holidays but I have never visited Sardinia. Maybe I should go there next...

RE: I'm a monkey... - chriSchaeffer - May-08-2009

I live in the great USA in the state of Texas. Contrary to what you see in the movies, we don't ride horses or say "howdy" to each other. I actually really dislike the country. I prefer concrete and steel to grass and trees.

I've never been overseas so I'm completely ignorant of life outside of the states. I'll enjoy reading about what it's like over on your side of the pond.

RE: I'm a monkey... - Chiquita - May-08-2009

I'm from a suburb of Vancouver, BC, Canada. I've visited Italy and Texas and loved both places Smiling

Wow it's nice to see such diversity in where we are all from.. I love it!

RE: I'm a monkey... - BuckBear - May-11-2009

I'm an Aussie from Down Under. I've also lived in China and Chile. Going by that progression I suppose Chigaco or Chichester would have to be the next place I visit.

RE: I'm a monkey... - Sini - May-13-2009

I'm Finnish. I live in the capital, Helsinki, but originally I'm from a small village (~3500 people) in the Middle Finland. When I was young I never thought I'd live in Helsinki and like it, but having cinemas, variety of restaurants and good public transportation has made me a city girl. I still love the peace and quiet of the countryside during summer, when I can go swim in a lake directly from sauna, but living there fulltime - no thanks.

RE: I'm a monkey... - Mervi - May-13-2009

Like Sini, I live in Finland. My city is the third biggest in terms of population. Still, it's small in the global scale of things - most of you would call it a town at best I think (~200 000 people). Anyway, I'm living the outskirts and sometimes even that feels like a compromise and I dream about moving to the real countryside.