thePlenty.net Forums
Blood of dragons - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Blood of dragons (/thread-397.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Blood of dragons - fool-ish - Feb-13-2012

It is extremely vexing! Rant Why they can't release in all countries at the same time is a mystery to me. Though I'm probably missing something here, I can't see a sensible reason for the delays other than maybe a promotional tour by the author or somesuch. Undecided

RE: Blood of dragons - Valarya - Feb-13-2012

(Feb-13-2012, 08:27 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: It is extremely vexing! Rant Why they can't release in all countries at the same time is a mystery to me. Though I'm probably missing something here, I can't see a sensible reason for the delays other than maybe a promotional tour by the author or somesuch. Undecided

It is annoying but the 'official' response on why this happens has been posted before (and is available on Hobb's site, I believe).

It has nothing to do with the Author and everything to do with the Publishing companies. They decide what date the books release & Robin has no say in it. The Dutch publisher just wanted to release them when they did... and the stupid other publishers are most-likely separating it by year for monetary reasons. Why put two big sellers on the same quarter or yearly report? Dodgy It's stupid, but that's corporate politics.

RE: Blood of dragons - fool-ish - Feb-13-2012

Don't they know there are people like me who are worn down with the temptation to look at spoilers...damned inconsiderate if you ask me! And to coin a well used phrase...the others take them!

RE: Blood of dragons - Valarya - Feb-13-2012

(Feb-13-2012, 08:46 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Don't they know there are people like me who are worn down with the temptation to look at spoilers...damned inconsiderate if you ask me! And to coin a well used phrase...the others take them!

Hahaha, ditto!! Clapping Big Grin

RE: Blood of dragons - Farseer - Feb-14-2012

(Feb-13-2012, 08:46 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: And to coin a well used phrase...the others take them!
Big Grin

RE: Blood of dragons - Gielske - Feb-14-2012

The Dutch usually release all books when they are available in the original language. But the Dutch translation is usually later. But a lot of people here read books like robin hobb in English, so does are instantly available (+1 day because we live a lot earlier. The lifestream was a 1 at night on the 8th here).

RE: Blood of dragons - 'thul - Feb-14-2012

at 0100 on the 8th? what sort of strange timezone do you have there? Northernmost Europe (which used CET) had the livestream at 0400 on the 8th, not 0100...

RE: Blood of dragons - Gielske - Feb-14-2012

CET +1. I think you miscalculated... I watched it at 1 at night. Or was it 2??? Now you are making me doubt myself... But it was 1 or 2... It 14.43 now here

RE: Blood of dragons - 'thul - Feb-14-2012

These beings were up and watching it too... clock here said 0400 when it started, then 0500 when it ended.

The time it was set for was 2200 EST, which is equivalent of CET-6.

'thul thought (through miscalculation) that it was at 0200, but it wasn't.

Watching and getting questions answered live was rather fun.