thePlenty.net Forums
[from news] City of Dragons excerpt - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Upcoming books & other RH news (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: [from news] City of Dragons excerpt (/thread-398.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: [from news] City of Dragons excerpt - finella - Jan-20-2012

ClappingClapping
Since that one mistake, I refuse reading any spoilers at all. It is, as These Beings say. It's just cruel. It will only push up my pulse rate. No, no, I'm too old for that. (Whereas I'm now thinking of calling off my order for the UK-edition (in April) and order instead the US-edition. In case this will be delivered in Feb.)
Hach, you are all flustering me Big Grin.

RE: [from news] City of Dragons excerpt - Farseer - Jan-20-2012

(Jan-19-2012, 11:43 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote: It's not like you're reading a random unfinished chapter from the middle of the book. It's the Prologue! It's what you'll be reading next, anyway. Might as well read it now! Innocent

You're right, of course! P And I did read the prologue when we were given it earlier for Dragon Keeper or Dragon Haven...and anything else I've ever been able to get my hands on 'early' Big Grin so I can't explain/justify my reluctance this time around except, as I said, I don't want any tidbits I read in the prologue to possibly ruin any theories I still have to share eg what's going to happen/be revealed in these books from things I am still thinking about from back in AQ etc.

You're all wearing me down with this prologue thing though! I think I'll be lucky to last the weekend!! Surrender P

Oh and my full re-read isn't one I have to do before reading CoD or anything, as I have read all of the books/short stories released so far too many times to count, and I have tended to do portion re-reads almost daily until recently. I am actually re-reading right now to search for a specific line (yep, just one line!! Big Grin ) that I need to support a theory I've raved on about here on thePlenty. Over-stepping obsession and enroaching on insanity much?! Smiling

I am also trying to get through it as slowly as I can so that I can take note of things I've chatted about on here and confirm/deny some of those things and I also want to go back over some conversations that I haven't had time to get back to (eg Time and Stars!!!) as I'm worried that some of these things will be covered in the next two books. Of course, I can't be both slow and quick at the same time and I've found I'm more 'stopped' than slow. Ouch Where has the last year gone?! Silly me should have not worried about all of these others books and should just have been concentrating on my re-reads! Book As soon as I get Paolini's Inheritance (and thus my promise to my son) out of the way, I'm back in the RotE game...

I like your idea, finella. Yes, I do. Imprisonment sounds perfect to me!Actually, when my children asked what I wanted for Mother's Day last year I said "a trip on a bus over to Western Australia (on the other side of the country) and then a train ticket on the Indian-Pacific to get me most of the way back". No mobile phone. No computer. No husband. No children. No school. Life on hold with just my RotE books and me. Ahhhh...what a gift that would be! Clapping

RE: [from news] City of Dragons excerpt - finella - Jan-20-2012

(Jan-20-2012, 11:22 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: [I like your idea, finella. Yes, I do. Imprisonment sounds perfect to me!Actually, when my children asked what I wanted for Mother's Day last year I said "a trip on a bus over to Western Australia (on the other side of the country) and then a train ticket on the Indian-Pacific to get me most of the way back". No mobile phone. No computer. No husband. No children. No school. Life on hold with just my RotE books and me. Ahhhh...what a gift that would be! Clapping

WinkYay
But in a bus you get stiff too soon, and it's too narrow.(unless the australian buses are completely different to the german ones) The train sounds perfect. I come with you Big Grin.

RE: [from news] City of Dragons excerpt - 'thul - Jan-20-2012

Train is far more sensible than bus.

RE: [from news] City of Dragons excerpt - Farseer - Feb-01-2012

Prologue, done! I just now gave in. I toppled, I crumbled, I succumbed, I surrendered... Surrender

...and by the crikey I am EXCITED!!!!

Now, on to Chapter One! Clapping Yay Dance Book

Oh my, I just love this tale. Wub A part of me just hopes it goes on forever...