thePlenty.net Forums
A song of Ice and fire discussion (spoilers incl A Dance with Dragons) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: A song of Ice and fire discussion (spoilers incl A Dance with Dragons) (/thread-41.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - 'thul - Oct-28-2011

Revealing such spoilers serves no benefit and can be rather cruel to the recipient. It is fairly petty.

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - joost - Oct-28-2011

Carice van Houten as Melisandre. Hmmm. Not sure I like that.

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - fool-ish - Oct-28-2011

(Oct-28-2011, 09:14 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: Revealing such spoilers serves no benefit and can be rather cruel to the recipient. It is fairly petty.
Agreed! I know none of you good folks on here would spoil intentionally.

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - 'thul - Oct-29-2011

spoiling things... That happens rarely... Especially without tags to mark/hide them...

What this forum needs for increased activity, is a series of good discussions where the parties do not immediately agree. 'thul recall discussions and friendly-natured arguments last year that were considerable fun. These days it has been too much of the "X did that. Y did this."

It'd be fun to discuss things like how elderlings are created and not immediately agree...

(or what happened to characters like Jon Snow)

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - fool-ish - Oct-30-2011

I'm quite partial to a discussion myself, though I do talk some garbage at times. Pick a topic, any topic...

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - Farseer - Oct-30-2011

(Oct-29-2011, 08:37 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: What this forum needs for increased activity, is a series of good discussions where the parties do not immediately agree. 'thul recall discussions and friendly-natured arguments last year that were considerable fun. These days it has been too much of the "X did that. Y did this."

It'd be fun to discuss things like how elderlings are created and not immediately agree...

*tries not to look at anything GRRM-related!* One of my favourite past-times is disagreeing with you beings! Yay In most cases though this has meant that I must at least attempt to get my story straight first or else you all would win the debate far too early in ( Big Grin! ). Getting the story straight is something I have had far less time for this year, not helped by the loss of many of my debates to a computer virus as I added points to substantiate my pov Down , but prepare for an onslaught of Farseer vs 'thul beings Knight , to back up fool-ish's challenge. The summer holidays are fast approaching, not to mention only a few more months before we are given still more progressive info with the release of CoD!

Oh, and as the 'thul beings tend to outnumber me, any show of loyalty to me would be much appreciated. I have your back, fool-ish! Slurp

Back to ASoIaF...the TV show must be on here in Australia somewhere as I was in a bookstore the other day and came across someone who had seen it and was thus looking for the books. Of course, I told him how hugely popular they were, but also didn't forget to mention that Robin Hobb was hugely popular also. Smiling I've even been thinking I should make some little invitations for joining theplenty and slip them inside all Hobb or Lindholm books at every library or bookstore I go to! Innocent

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - fool-ish - Oct-30-2011

I wish the series would make it to my TV! I've watched it online but the sound and picture wasn't all that great. One can live in hope.

Well, lets hope the 'discussion' is one that I can contribute to, for Farseer's sake if nothing else! Smiling

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - 'thul - Oct-31-2011

Quality is generally better on downloaded versions than it is on streamed versions. Its sad, but a fact nonetheless...

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - fool-ish - Oct-31-2011

Oh I didn't know that! I'll download in future because I did get somewhat frustrated and annoyed at times. You learn something new everyday!

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - 'thul - Oct-31-2011

Indeed you do.