thePlenty.net Forums
A song of Ice and fire discussion (spoilers incl A Dance with Dragons) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: A song of Ice and fire discussion (spoilers incl A Dance with Dragons) (/thread-41.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - Valarya - Nov-03-2011

SoIaF is my most-favorite thing to discuss. Well, it was until one of my good friends finally read RotE and I found these boards, in which case Elderlings & the Fool have replaces Targaryens and Jon Snow for now.

What are the rules on spoilers here? Do we assume since it's months after the latest book has been released that people have read it?
Be warned. By clicking the spoiler tag below you are consenting to sitting in front of your computer for at least 10 minutes. It's a wall of text in there. Blushing

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - 'thul - Nov-03-2011

So many good theories to react to... you guessed incorrectly on the egg-and-dunk theory of yours. 'thul have read those stories. 'thul finished re-reading them monday.

Your theory that the fellow in the north that is teaching bran is bloodraven could be interesting. 'thul had another theory a while back. If lifespan is unnatural, it could be a Stark. more specifically, bran's namesake... Brandon Stark (the builder). Though never given away by GRRM, there are indications that the Stark are not only descended of the Andals and the First Men, but also of the children of the forest. Since very little is known of them, it could easily be possible that they have lifespans far beyond that of other human species.

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - joost - Nov-03-2011

'The hedge knight' actually was my first introduction to Martin. I have the other two stories too.

(Nov-03-2011, 08:07 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: Your theory that the fellow in the north that is teaching bran is bloodraven could be interesting. 'thul had another theory a while back. If lifespan is unnatural, it could be a Stark. more specifically, bran's namesake... Brandon Stark (the builder).

Ah, but is most certainly 100% Bloodraven. Everyone 100 years ago always spoke of Bloodraven as having A Thousand eyes and one.

(Some ADWD and short-stories spoilers...)

Joost.. read the other two! Turned

(Nov-03-2011, 01:44 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote: Joost.. read the other two! Turned
I have (and liked them, although I find THK the best of the three).

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - fool-ish - Nov-03-2011

I haven't read the last one Valarya and unless, by a stroke of luck I spot a second hand version, I won't be reading it until March when it comes out in paperback..that's gonna test my patience for sure!

What are these other books? I've missed something here! Short stories you say, does that mean they are part of an anthology type thing or can they be bought as stand alone books?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Dunk_and_Egg

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - fool-ish - Nov-03-2011

Thank you joost Smiling

(Nov-03-2011, 02:15 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: I haven't read the last one Valarya and unless, by a stroke of luck I spot a second hand version, I won't be reading it until March when it comes out in paperback..that's gonna test my patience for sure!

What are these other books? I've missed something here! Short stories you say, does that mean they are part of an anthology type thing or can they be bought as stand alone books?

I have book 5 in a .pdf version you can have if you promise to buy a copy when it comes out in paperback to support the author. P

I also have the three short-stories in .pdf copies. They're tales of Westeros set 100 years before the main series story line. It tells tale of Maester Aemon's younger brother Aegon.. who eventually became King Aegon V.. the Unlikely. Smiling They're great, imo.

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - 'thul - Nov-03-2011

These beings have all the books & stories in .pdf, as well as the main five books in .epub and .mobi. But a clause like the one given by Valarya is reasonable to have as requirement.