thePlenty.net Forums
A song of Ice and fire discussion (spoilers incl A Dance with Dragons) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: A song of Ice and fire discussion (spoilers incl A Dance with Dragons) (/thread-41.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - fool-ish - Nov-03-2011

Thank you, you're very kind, but I'd be lucky to manage a chapter a day with the number of people in this household and just two computers between us. We fight over them as it is! Oh and I would buy the book anyway for the collection and of course to read on the terminally boring bus journeys I have to endure. Having said that, I'm still working on the kids about them gifting me with a Kindle for christmas. Smiling

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - Albertosaurus Rex - Nov-08-2011

Not strictly ASOIAF-related but I didn't know where else to post this. According to Amazon UK, the release of the Tuf Voyaging reprint has been pushed back to 2013. I e-mailed Gollancz about it and got this reply:

Gollancz Wrote:Thank you for your email about Tuf Voyaging. Apologies for the confusion, our publication plans regarding this title have changed and it will now be released as a hardback and export trade paperback in January 2013 with a mass market paperback later in 2013 as you have noticed. We will be publishing another George R.R. Martin title (The Armageddon Rag) in August 2012.

You read that right, a rerelease of The Armageddon Rag! What's more, according to Amazon UK it's a hardcover! That's crazy. Back when it first came out, the Rag was GRRM's biggest flop which almost ruined his career. GRRM has now become so big that even his greatest flop is getting a hardcover release.

(Note: I'm not trying to imply it's a bad book. I own the paperback rerelease from 2007 and it's actually a pretty good book, although it is very strange. But it didn't sell back in 1983.)

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - fool-ish - Jan-11-2012

I had quite forgotten just how much Dolorous Edd and Tyrion could make me laugh Big Grin Good stuff!

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - Valarya - Jan-11-2012

(Jan-11-2012, 09:04 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: I had quite forgotten just how much Dolorous Edd and Tyrion could make me laugh Big Grin Good stuff!

Haha, Fool-ish! Dolorous Edd is one of my FAVORITES!!! Clapping

He's so.... dolorous. P

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - fool-ish - Jan-11-2012

(Jan-11-2012, 09:27 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote:
(Jan-11-2012, 09:04 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: I had quite forgotten just how much Dolorous Edd and Tyrion could make me laugh Big Grin Good stuff!

Haha, Fool-ish! Dolorous Edd is one of my FAVORITES!!! Clapping

He's so.... dolorous. P
He sure is! I do look forward to his words of wisdom Big Grin He'll definitely go down as one of my all time favourite characters.

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - fool-ish - Jan-14-2012

In contrast to Edd and Tyrion, Daenerys is getting right on my nerves! I seem to be enjoying every POV except hers. Someone put her in a bag and shake her up!

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - 'thul - Jan-14-2012

These beings cannot say which they enjoy the most, as it is too long since last read.

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - fool-ish - Jan-15-2012

(Jan-14-2012, 11:53 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: These beings cannot say which they enjoy the most, as it is too long since last read.
She's all moping about and lustful yearnings! I should perhaps allow her that because of her age (we were all that age once) but everyone else is getting on with it and she's just not!

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - joost - Jan-15-2012

But the good part of Daeny's chapters in the last two books is Missandei.

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - 'thul - Jan-15-2012

ahh... yes... that is somewhat logical... Its easy to forget how young she really is in the books when the image that comes forth on the name is the one from the show.