thePlenty.net Forums
A song of Ice and fire discussion (spoilers incl A Dance with Dragons) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: A song of Ice and fire discussion (spoilers incl A Dance with Dragons) (/thread-41.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - Valarya - Jan-17-2012

That's exactly why I said what I said, 'thul.

I can't wait. Big Grin

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - 'thul - Jan-17-2012

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - fool-ish - Jan-19-2012

Blink Harsh, Mr. Martin, harsh! Nearing the end now..

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - Valarya - Jan-19-2012

(Jan-19-2012, 12:57 AM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Blink Harsh, Mr. Martin, harsh! Nearing the end now..

I bet I know what chapter you just got to. Crying

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - finella - Jan-19-2012

I love the books and read them all in german. Having no difficulties at all with RH's books, do you think, I can also read the original of A Song of Ice and Fire? I have great respect for the complex story and the lots of different important headliners and so far didn't have the courage to so so. But I would very much like to read it in english.

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - 'thul - Jan-19-2012

If you have no trouble understanding any of the posts here, then you should have no trouble reading ASOIAF in english.

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - fool-ish - Jan-19-2012

Yep, Valarya, I suspect we may be singing from the same hymn sheet on that one! I'm still all of a-fluster!

And as for the ending, well, cliff hanger is an understatement! How long do we have to wait for the next installment?! Blink

(Jan-19-2012, 09:35 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Yep, Valarya, I suspect we may be singing from the same hymn sheet on that one! I'm still all of a-fluster!

And as for the ending, well, cliff hanger is an understatement! How long do we have to wait for the next installment?! Blink

With GRRM, there's no telling how long we'll have to wait. Down

Altho, to be fair, the reason book 5 took so long is because of the "Mereneese Knot," so Martin called it. He couldn't figure out how to advance Dany's story (which I think is quite obvious in the whole book) so he did a lot of re-writing.

Also, as of the beginning of Book 5, he still wasn't sure how the story would end - completely. Now, he knows. AND he has an HBO show creeping up on him, lol. I suspect it won't be any longer than 3 years, at the most.

Still: Mad

In regards to the end of the book:

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - 'thul - Jan-19-2012

Now that theory on jon was a new one to these beings... and it rings nicely...

(Jan-19-2012, 10:44 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: Now that theory on jon was a new one to these beings... and it rings nicely...

Really? I thought we had discussed that one before. Flowers

I love the fact you used the phrase "it rings nicely." I have explained to my friends, several times, that it's how I know certain theories are just... right. Lol

Like R+L=J. It just rings true!!

::: double post :::

ALSO, 'thul beings...

Big Grin

One can only hope. Haha