thePlenty.net Forums
A song of Ice and fire discussion (spoilers incl A Dance with Dragons) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: A song of Ice and fire discussion (spoilers incl A Dance with Dragons) (/thread-41.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - fool-ish - Feb-20-2012

(Feb-20-2012, 12:48 AM (UTC))Valarya Wrote:
(Feb-19-2012, 11:14 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: 'thul would not be surprised if GRRM keeps eye on the more common theories out in the internet community and actively writes to shatter them.

GRRM makes it a point to stay AWAY from all internet boards concerning his books. He doesn't want to know or be influenced by any theories floating around.

Of course, through conventions and whatnot he has heard of the R+L=J theory, but... the other ones, I'd be surprised if he DID know.
Hmm, I bet he can't resist having a peek from to time, even if it's just for a laugh! Big Grin The 'Westeros' forum has some cracking threads and is chock full of spoilers, which I found out to my detriment some time ago!

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - Valarya - Feb-20-2012

(Feb-20-2012, 08:53 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Hmm, I bet he can't resist having a peek from to time, even if it's just for a laugh! Big Grin The 'Westeros' forum has some cracking threads and is chock full of spoilers, which I found out to my detriment some time ago!

I used to post on those forums OFTEN back in the early 2000's. I think my post-count got over 2,000, actually. Hahah. Ouch

I love the spoilers I get at that site!! Any sample chapter ever written up from a reading I've read. In fact, I haven't checked it in a while (seems as I'm 100% sucked in to ROTE lately)!! I need to see if there are new sample bits for me. Big Grin

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - 'thul - Feb-20-2012

2000 posts isn't all that much... 'thul have more than 25000 posts on one forum they frequent.
EDIT: make that around 26800 posts. (spread out over about 8 accounts)
EDIT2: It took 'thul less than a year to get to 2000 posts on said forum.

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - Valarya - Feb-20-2012

(Feb-20-2012, 09:43 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: 2000 posts isn't all that much... 'thul have more than 25000 posts on one forum they frequent.
EDIT: make that around 26800 posts. (spread out over about 8 accounts)
EDIT2: It took 'thul less than a year to get to 2000 posts on said forum.

Did you just one-up me, 'thul beings? Down

It only took me about a year or less to get to 2,000 posts on the SOIAF forums as well. Then I broke off with about 50 people and created my own sub-forums for the books where it was a little less family-friendly and a lot more debaucherous, haha.

THEN the main-forums moved from ezboards to their current location, my post count went to 0 since everyone had to re-register and I just lost all heart to post after that. P

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - 'thul - Feb-20-2012

its always sad to loose post count. these beings are mostly sticking around that other forum to talk to a few people there and to help manage the forums. Since the last roleplay there died, that number of people has shrunk quite a bit. 'thul just haven't had the will to bother setting up yet another... too few RPers left in that community, and even fewer of them with great skills at it.

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - Farseer - Feb-23-2012

I thought the current menu/doings of a Sydney restaurant may interest you ASoIaF fans. See The Voyager Blog for more info/links. Stirring

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - fool-ish - Feb-23-2012

As a veggie, it doesn't really appeal to me, but I should imagine for the carnivores it would be a right royal knees up! The food served up in the books really is quite gross at times (most times actually) It took me some time to forget the image of roast swan and calf brains to mention but two! Ouch

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - 'thul - Feb-23-2012

Too bad its far away...

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - FoolishGirl - Feb-23-2012

Have you seen Hot Pie's Kitchen?
http://hotpieskitchen.wordpress.com/

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - 'thul - Feb-23-2012

These beings have not, but they also suspect that you were speaking more to Farseer and/or Fool-ish.