thePlenty.net Forums
A song of Ice and fire discussion (spoilers incl A Dance with Dragons) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: A song of Ice and fire discussion (spoilers incl A Dance with Dragons) (/thread-41.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - 'thul - Mar-03-2011

hmm... is the right word here "lovely"?

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - redchild - Mar-04-2011

(Mar-03-2011, 08:36 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: A Dance with Dragons is nearly done.

July 12th it will be released. Mark it on your calendar. (Incidentally, mine is an ASIOAF calendar.)

This is going to rock.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - Albertosaurus Rex - Mar-04-2011

Well said, my friend. Very expressive.

I originally read the news on my Iphone during a coffee break during a lecture. Even though the lecture was quite interesting, it was difficult to concentrate on it afterwards.

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - redchild - Mar-05-2011

I bet you also wanted to shout "YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!" and fist pump in class Turned

Anyway, now we've got both the TV series and the new book to look forward to; in relatively close succession, too.

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - Nuytsia - Mar-09-2011

I KNOW! (Happy Birthday to me!)
Wow I couldn't believe it when I read his blog and it was something about the HBO series, and the post said something like 'as if the news about Dance wasn't enough' and I went WHA????????????????? Scrolled down to next oldest post.... No WAY!
I have been waiting soooooooooooooooooooo long for this. (and the one before .... etc)

(Mar-03-2011, 08:36 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: A Dance with Dragons is nearly done.
July 12th it will be released. Mark it on your calendar. (Incidentally, mine is an ASIOAF calendar.)
This is going to rock.

Hey those calendars look great !

(Mar-04-2011, 02:27 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: Well said, my friend. Very expressive.
I originally read the news on my Iphone during a coffee break during a lecture. Even though the lecture was quite interesting, it was difficult to concentrate on it afterwards.

Hehe you've not been checking his site for book news during every coffee break have you? Wink

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - Albertosaurus Rex - Mar-09-2011

I'm not quite that obsessed. I was casually browsing around and read it on The Wertzone.

And yes, I did want to shout and pump my fist. Didn't actually do it, though, although I could feel a huge grin forming on my face.

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - 'thul - Apr-27-2011

These beings just finished watching the first episode of "game of thrones" and award it a class 5 recommendation... It is just as engaging as the books...

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - danieladamsmith - Apr-27-2011

I stopped after the third book. As I mentioned on another thread, I am in the minority here. I find the plotting and the narrative of the books rather dull and tedious. I realize that this is heresy to some. WHile I admire his ability and the scope is amazing.I felt like the books just never got going....Too many parallel narratives, too many points of view. He doesn't have any problem with killing characters and that takes a certain amount of bravery. .On the other hand I've watched the first episodes of the tv production and I think it's great. For me better than the books...

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - 'thul - Apr-27-2011

These beings can understand your perspective... Heretic!

These beings therefore move towards burning the one known as danieladamsmith on the stake for heresy. All in favor, say aye.

Nah, don't worry... 'thul do not hate you. 'thul rarely hate anyone.

The show will probably be easier to go through than the books...less going on at any one time...

RE: A song of Ice and fire discussion - danieladamsmith - Apr-27-2011

(Apr-27-2011, 03:21 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: These beings can understand your perspective... Heretic!

These beings therefore move towards burning the one known as danieladamsmith on the stake for heresy. All in favor, say aye.

Nah, don't worry... 'thul do not hate you. 'thul rarely hate anyone.

The show will probably be easier to go through than the books...less going on at any one time...

THUL you are legion and I like all of you...Clapping