thePlenty.net Forums
where are we all from?? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: where are we all from?? (/thread-418.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

where are we all from?? - Gielske - Feb-15-2012

I was curious where everyone here is from. Rather that going to every message in the introduce topic I thought I'd make a new one.

I'm from the Netherlands from a city in the south east called Oss.

RE: where are we all from?? - Farseer - Feb-17-2012

I live in Outback Australia on a 135 000 acre cattle station in Queensland's north-west. Smiling

RE: where are we all from?? - 'thul - Feb-17-2012

These beings claim to be from Niflheim, one of the hells from Norse mythology. It is a rather comfortably cold place.

If they were asked to place this version of Niflheim on a map of Midgard, it would end up some distance southeast of Oslo, Norway.

RE: where are we all from?? - finella - Feb-17-2012

I am from the north of Germany and live in a small village near Hamburg.

RE: where are we all from?? - Valarya - Feb-17-2012

I live in Nashville, Tennessee... in the USA.

I have made a map with little pins for all of us. Grouphug Each time someone replies to this thread I'll add a pin!!

Here it is: http://g.co/maps/cfteq

Clapping

RE: where are we all from?? - fool-ish - Feb-17-2012

I reside in a town named Oldham, in the county of Lancashire, England. Smiling

RE: where are we all from?? - Farseer - Feb-17-2012

(Feb-17-2012, 07:51 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote: I have made a map with little pins for all of us. Grouphug Each time someone replies to this thread I'll add a pin!!

*speaks with Bill and Ted voice* That's "most excellent"! Thanks Valarya! Slurp

EDIT: Oh! And you have no idea just how close you were with your pin. About 50 miles (not that I speak in 'miles' but it's closer on the scale than 100kms!) to the south-east and you'd be right on. I'm IMPRESSED!!! Thankful

RE: where are we all from?? - Valarya - Feb-17-2012

(Feb-17-2012, 10:51 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: EDIT: Oh! And you have no idea just how close you were with your pin. About 50 miles (not that I speak in 'miles' but it's closer on the scale than 100kms!) to the south-east and you'd be right on. I'm IMPRESSED!!! Thankful

Hahah, I wish I could take credit for that. Since you didn't give a town name, I just typed "Queensland, Australia" in to Google maps and that's where the pin gets placed. Big Grin

I added fool-ish to the map! I like how Farseer and I are on opposite ends of the world, whereas everyone else is all grouped together. Dodgy Am I the only american on the boards?

RE: where are we all from?? - 'thul - Feb-17-2012

The location is a bit inexact for 'thul... About 30km off...

The more correct location would be these coordinates...

59.667016, 10.795298

RE: where are we all from?? - fool-ish - Feb-17-2012

(Feb-17-2012, 11:01 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote: [quote='Farseer' pid='10015' dateline='1329515483']
EDIT: Oh! And you have no idea just how close you were with your pin. About 50 miles (not that I speak in 'miles' but it's closer on the scale than 100kms!) to the south-east and you'd be right on. I'm IMPRESSED!!! Thankful

Hahah, I wish I could take credit for that. Since you didn't give a town name, I just typed "Queensland, Australia" in to Google maps and that's where the pin gets placed. Big Grin

I added fool-ish to the map! I like how Farseer and I are on opposite ends of the world, whereas everyone else is all grouped together. Dodgy Am I the only american on the boards?

[/quote Thanks Valarya Big Grin Surely there are other americans..come out, come out wherever you are, you know you want to!

And it may look like we're grouped together on the map, but in terms of getting to and from each others countries, 'tis many miles,many hours (pre-travel mostly!) and many pennies! Each and every one of them is on my 'long list' of places to go. America is on the list too, though I've visited California twice, I'd love to see much more! It's a very expensive list and unlikely one that will be fulfilled, unless I win the lottery of course!
oops! Made a bugger of that last post, looks like one long ramble..sorry! Surrender