thePlenty.net Forums
where are we all from?? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: where are we all from?? (/thread-418.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: where are we all from?? - Valarya - Feb-18-2012

(Feb-17-2012, 11:48 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: ...it may look like we're grouped together on the map, but in terms of getting to and from each others countries, 'tis many miles,many hours (pre-travel mostly!) and many pennies! Each and every one of them is on my 'long list' of places to go. America is on the list too, though I've visited California twice, I'd love to see much more! It's a very expensive list and unlikely one that will be fulfilled, unless I win the lottery of course!

England is my #1 place.. specifically London. The music scene that I'm in to pretty much originates there and is absolutely HUGE. Nothing like it in the states at all. London, Leeds, Croydon & Bristol, especially. Ugh I'd be so happy if I could live there and get to see all these amazing producers at least once, if not multiple times per week. Crying

I've been to the Netherlands & Germany (Also: France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland & Austria). Best summer of my life, that.

Apart from London, Japan & New Zealand are at the top for me! Dunno if I'll ever get there, tho.

RE: where are we all from?? - fool-ish - Feb-18-2012

(Feb-18-2012, 12:22 AM (UTC))Valarya Wrote:
(Feb-17-2012, 11:48 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: ...it may look like we're grouped together on the map, but in terms of getting to and from each others countries, 'tis many miles,many hours (pre-travel mostly!) and many pennies! Each and every one of them is on my 'long list' of places to go. America is on the list too, though I've visited California twice, I'd love to see much more! It's a very expensive list and unlikely one that will be fulfilled, unless I win the lottery of course!

England is my #1 place.. specifically London. The music scene that I'm in to pretty much originates there and is absolutely HUGE. Nothing like it in the states at all. London, Leeds, Croydon & Bristol, especially. Ugh I'd be so happy if I could live there and get to see all these amazing producers at least once, if not multiple times per week. Crying

I've been to the Netherlands & Germany (Also: France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland & Austria). Best summer of my life, that.

Apart from London, Japan & New Zealand are at the top for me! Dunno if I'll ever get there, tho.
Leeds is 40 minutes drive from us, though it is 'over the border.' War of the Roses and all that! I be a Lancastrian! P London, Croydon and Bristol are more like 4-6 hours drive, though I've visited them all, over the years. I hope you manage to get over and meet your producer at some point..you've probably more chance of that than me fulfilling my 'to go to' list!

RE: where are we all from?? - Narya - Feb-18-2012

Valarya, you are not the only one from the USA. I live close to the San Francisco Bay, in California, now. I recently spent 30 years in Alaska, which would explain my constant urge to turn the RotE map upside down.

RE: where are we all from?? - Valarya - Feb-19-2012

(Feb-18-2012, 01:09 AM (UTC))Narya Wrote: Valarya, you are not the only one from the USA. I live close to the San Francisco Bay, in California, now. I recently spent 30 years in Alaska, which would explain my constant urge to turn the RotE map upside down.

Yay!! I wish I lived on the West Coast. Smiling

Updated: http://g.co/maps/cfteq

RE: where are we all from?? - joost - Feb-19-2012

Geleen, The Netherlands. It's a small town (abou 35000 inhabitants) in the southern part of The Netherlands.

RE: where are we all from?? - Farseer - Feb-19-2012

35 000 inhabitants = a small town?! Blink Really?!

Joost, that's a city to me! Big Grin

RE: where are we all from?? - 'thul - Feb-19-2012

if 35,000 is a city, and 'thul consider Oslo a suburb (population as of oct2011: 611,491). Then how does that all compute?

RE: where are we all from?? - Farseer - Feb-19-2012

Off the charts?! Still, right back at you beings, if 35 000 = a small town, how should a population of 800 (my closest town and that includes people in the town as well as those living on surrounding sheep/cattle stations within the entire shire!) or even a population of 3 000 be classified?

35 000 = a small town...I am hereby gobsmacked! P Oh, my...

RE: where are we all from?? - 'thul - Feb-19-2012

Probably "village".
'thul consider the municipality they live in a "metropolis". Oslo is (according to a large number of students) a suburb of that municipality. population of said municipality: 17,000 and growing quickly. But if you use a bit of student-style creative thinking, you can add a few hundred thousand to that. (say by counting trees and straws of grain as natural parts of the population.)

RE: where are we all from?? - joost - Feb-19-2012

Welcome to the concept of relativity.

When I visited Iceland, I went to Selfoss. At the city borders I was greeted with a sign 'Welcome to Selfoss, Iceland's 5th town! Population 6500' (or something close to that number)