thePlenty.net Forums
Will Fitzchiv ever reveal his true identity? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Will Fitzchiv ever reveal his true identity? (/thread-422.html)

Will Fitzchiv ever reveal his true identity? - gonzagylot00 - Feb-23-2012

Hi,

I'm about 70 pages into The Golden Fool, and I'm getting a little annoyed.

I'm just tired of Fitz-Chiv hiding behind his Tom Badgerlock identity. I'm anxious for him to reveal himself to Dutiful and Patience, let alone Burrich, Nettle, and Molly Candler.

It's kind of a testament to Hobb's writing, because Fitz is getting annoyed and anxious to reveal himself to various peoples from his youth.

So, I guess I'm wondering, does he reveal himself in this book?

Thanks for any input!

RE: Will Fitzchiv ever reveal his true identity? - 'thul - Feb-23-2012

Greetings and welcome to the plenty.

To reveal the answer to this would potentially spoil the end of the books for you.
thus, the choice is up to you if you want to know before you finish those books.

RE: Will Fitzchiv ever reveal his true identity? - gonzagylot00 - Feb-23-2012

Okay fine.... I'll just be patient Down

Okay fine.... I'll just be patient Down

Enjoy reading the rest...

oh, and which books have you read so far in the Realm of the Elderlings?

RE: Will Fitzchiv ever reveal his true identity? - gonzagylot00 - Feb-23-2012

I read the first three Assassin's books, skipped the Liveships, and read the first of the three Tawny Man books.

I really like it so far. IMHO, it is right on the same tier with GRRM's Song of Ice and Fire novels.

What I love about Hobb's writing style is that she is able to be so restrained, while still cooking up the intensity and suspense.
I read the first three Assassin's books, skipped the Liveships, and read the first of the three Tawny Man books.

I really like it so far. IMHO, it is right on the same tier with GRRM's Song of Ice and Fire novels.

What I love about Hobb's writing style is that she is able to be so restrained, while still cooking up the intensity and suspense.

you will find that if you read those three books, you will understand Tawny man better.
Also, after those there are the Rain wild Chronicles. So far, three books out of four released in english, originally intended to be two books, but lengthy manuscripts were split in half.

RE: Will Fitzchiv ever reveal his true identity? - Valarya - Feb-23-2012

If you haven't finished the Tawny Man series yet... I *highly* recommend stopping right where you are and going to read the LIVESHIP TRADERS trilogy.

I've said it before but it's one of the main reasons I hate that she just calls them trilogies and there is no full "series" name on the books, really. It's one long tale. You need pieces from the Liveship books in order to fully understand what's happening in Tawny Man. It's just a personal quirk of mine but I can't stand it when people give their friends or family members Liveship Traders or Tawny Man to start reading first.

No, no. The "main story" is 9 books long.

Farseer 1, 2, 3
Liveship 1, 2, 3
Tawny 1, 2, 3

In that order. Smiling

But of course.. do what you want, hahah! OH! And Welcome to thePlenty!!! Grouphug

RE: Will Fitzchiv ever reveal his true identity? - Narya - Feb-24-2012

Welcome, gonzagylot00! (From someone who's been here just a few days longer than you.)

I'm curious about the name. The following is a spoiler for anyone who hasn't yet read Assassin's Quest.

RE: Will Fitzchiv ever reveal his true identity? - 'thul - Feb-24-2012

Actually, Narya, though you've been her consistenlly more than gonzagylot00, you joined after him/her.
You joined on the 17th february. gonzagylot00 joined on the 27th january.