thePlenty.net Forums
Searching for... - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Bingtown's night market (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Searching for... (/thread-45.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Searching for... - Mervi - May-22-2012

One way to get a book that is only available to US billing addresses on Kindle is to ask a US friend with an amazon.com account to gift it to you. They need to know the email address that is connected to your Kindle account and it should be a breeze from there.

RE: Searching for... - Farseer - May-23-2012

Blink

...and thePlenty, as one, snaps their heads in Valarya and Narya's directions!

Big Grin

Joker

RE: Searching for... - fool-ish - May-23-2012

I nearly lost my head, I snapped it round that hard! P Tell me more!

RE: Searching for... - Mervi - May-25-2012

Err, that's all I know. I was curious about Wizard's First Rule but could never find a paperback copy in Finnish shops (they only had volume 11 of the series around those days). There was no UK ebook copy as I recall, and one US hobbling (who shall go unnamed unless they want to take the credit) who is a huge fan of Goodkind offered to buy the book for me as a gift. They only requested to know the email address that is connected to my amazon.com account/kindle and the next thing I know I had the book on my iPad. Smiling

Maybe there's another US hobbling who is ready to test gifting copies of WLC and you guys can pay back through PayPal or something?

RE: Searching for... - Farseer - May-25-2012

(May-25-2012, 05:35 AM (UTC))Mervi Wrote: Err, that's all I know.

I may be wrong but I think, like me, fool-ish was just being a smarty-pants and giving our US friends, Valarya and Narya, a bit of a tongue-in-cheek hint! Wink Big Grin Of course there's always redchild to pick on, too! P

Not that I would expect to be gifted, or work out some kind of PayPal payment or something, you three...just having a go at you. Flowers

(May-25-2012, 05:35 AM (UTC))Mervi Wrote: one US hobbling (who shall go unnamed unless they want to take the credit) who is a huge fan of Goodkind offered to buy the book for me as a gift.

Pick me, pick me! I could guess, just going on the 'US' and 'Goodkind fan' clues! P I think Nuytsia and I scared him away years ago with our constant, overly long, often OT, conversations! Down Whistling Innocent Hopefully he stills lurks here from time-to-time though. G'day CS/you-who-shall-not-be-named! Smiling *waves*

RE: Searching for... - 'thul - May-25-2012

For some reason, that part about finnish bookstores remind 'thul of the times they read "wizard's first rule" in Norwegian. A perfectly good example of a translator who had no idea about the story he translated...

RE: Searching for... - Mervi - May-26-2012

Argh. Do NOT let me start about the Finnish Hobb translations again...Mad

Did someone say OT? Whistling