thePlenty.net Forums
The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books incl CoD* - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books incl CoD* (/thread-459.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books incl CoD* - Provost - May-24-2012

Ah yes, our dear friend the Duke of Chalced has an interesting furniture arrangement in his throne room, which leads to a little speculation about Blood of Dragons. So here's a short guess as to how the matter will conclude. Tally ho! Knight

RE: The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books* - Farseer - May-24-2012

I hope it's okay, Provost, but I have amended the spoiler alert in the thread title to specifically include City of Dragons so that we can freely chat here about CoD without worrying about spoiler tags all of the time. I am happy to change it back though, if you disagree. Flowers

So, if you are here reading this, please know that, from hereon, there will be a free flow of spoilers for all Realm of the Elderlings-related books. These spoilers WILL include City of Dragons but not Blood of Dragons as BoD has not yet been released in English (sorry, joost, but you'll have to wait some more before you can come out from behind BoD spoiler tags! Slurp ). If you have not yet read City of Dragons and don't want to be spoiled, this is not the thread for you...

On to the matter at hand...

Nice thinking, Provost! Clapping Personally, I'd prefer that Fitz arrived and saved the day Knight (dream on, Farseer!! P ) but your theory regarding Selden's escape is far more likely to occur! Wink Big Grin

Still, I have my doubts that Selden would use one of the Skill Pillars/Portal Stones (I think Portal Stones is what Fitz called them in the latter stages of Fool's Fate?) unless it was by sheer accident, seeing as he doesn't know what they are or what their purpose is. Of course, as those in Chalced seem to know what they are for, possibly a new-found friend in Chalced can reveal to him what they are and their connection to Elderlings.

I have to wonder at the motives of the Duke's daughter, whose name is lost to me at present, and figure she may prove to be an Elderling ally at some point (be it in BoD or beyond). In earlier threads we spoke of the possibility of a peaceful alliance with Chalced, rather than one forced via war, and maybe she will be the key. I'd had thoughts after Tawny Man that it may have come about through Swift (and Burrich's slave earring that Fitz gifted him on Aslevjal) but it now seems likely that it may be instigated through Selden instead.

I did mention the Portal Stones within the Duke's Throne Room in another thread but in regard to another matter. Either way, I do think that they will come into play in some fashion, be it in BoD or later. They are certainly significant within the realm's history.

I have to dash...darn! Down

RE: The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books* - joost - May-24-2012

(May-24-2012, 08:12 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: the Duke's daughter, whose name is lost to me at present
Chassim.

RE: The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books incl CoD* - 'thul - May-25-2012

With the way RH made such a point of them, the stones will most likely be brought up in BoD or later books. It is also obvious that not all Chalcedans are con-dragon...

RE: The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books incl CoD* - fool-ish - May-26-2012

I, too think the stones will be significant and probably for Selden. I am with Farseer though in dreaming that Fitz will come along to save the day Proud However, I reckon he's had his fill of day saving, so I doubt he'll turn up Down

RE: The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books incl CoD* - Farseer - May-26-2012

(May-26-2012, 12:27 AM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: However, I reckon he's had his fill of day saving, so I doubt he'll turn up Down

On, no, he'll definitely be back to do some day saving Knight ...of that I am certain! Yes, yes, I am. Proud Just not yet... Wink

RE: The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books incl CoD* - fool-ish - May-26-2012

(May-26-2012, 03:06 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote:
(May-26-2012, 12:27 AM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: However, I reckon he's had his fill of day saving, so I doubt he'll turn up Down

On, no, he'll definitely be back to do some day saving Knight ...of that I am certain! Yes, yes, I am. Proud Just not yet... Wink
You've convinced me! *chanting* Fitz! Fitz! Fitz! Big Grin

RE: The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books incl CoD* - 'thul - May-26-2012

These beings disagree. Fitz has no reason to come along. RH won't tear him away from Molly just to satisfy certain fans. He needs a real reason before he will leave her...

RE: The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books incl CoD* - fool-ish - May-27-2012

(May-26-2012, 09:23 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: These beings disagree. Fitz has no reason to come along. RH won't tear him away from Molly just to satisfy certain fans. He needs a real reason before he will leave her...

You mean satisfying obsessed fans isn't a real reason??!! BlinkWhistling

RE: The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books incl CoD* - 'thul - May-27-2012

Indeed. It is not.