thePlenty.net Forums
The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books incl CoD* - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books incl CoD* (/thread-459.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books incl CoD* - joost - May-29-2012

* joost knows what happens. Muwahahahah!

RE: The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books incl CoD* - fool-ish - May-29-2012

(May-29-2012, 02:13 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: * joost knows what happens. Muwahahahah!
No, I will not rant again and it'll be worth the wait, I'm sure. P

RE: The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books incl CoD* - Farseer - May-29-2012

So there is an evil side to joost? Turned

A heavy week or so to get through lately but I have much to add here in response to those beings' comments...and I will not forget. Wink

Knight

To get completely back on subject of the Throne Room...I am a little gobsmacked at the reviews that say things don't happen in this story. The ambush of Icefyre and Tintaglia got me hooked Uhhuh but it was the Duke's Throne Room that sucked me in! We're finally in Chalced, we finally get to meet this mysterious 'Duke of Chalced' and, woh, WHAT?!...downed Skill Pillars/Portal Stones made from memory stone, say WHAT?! Blink More please... Book Big Grin

RE: The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books incl CoD* - fool-ish - May-29-2012

(May-29-2012, 11:21 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: So there is an evil side to joost? Turned

A heavy week or so to get through lately but I have much to add here in response to those beings' comments...and I will not forget. Wink

Knight

To get completely back on subject of the Throne Room...I am a little gobsmacked at the reviews that say things don't happen in this story. The ambush of Icefyre and Tintaglia got me hooked Uhhuh but it was the Duke's Throne Room that sucked me in! We're finally in Chalced, we finally get to meet this mysterious 'Duke of Chalced' and, woh, WHAT?!...downed Skill Pillars/Portal Stones made from memory stone, say WHAT?! Blink More please... Book Big Grin
I suspect that some of those reviews are from readers who haven't read the previous RoTE works and consequently don't have knowledge of memory stone/pillars and portals. I've come across a few who have read only the RWC and so they wouldn't understand the likes of us who are beyond excitement about that which seems trivial to them, if even they paid any attention to it all! Undecided

RE: The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books incl CoD* - Farseer - Mar-24-2013

(May-24-2012, 03:52 AM (UTC))Provost Wrote: Namely, he has a collapsed ring of black pillars, which sound like Elderling transport stones. Anyone think that Selden might escape through these or a rescue party might show up?

Ah, well, though I will amend the thread title to include Blood of Dragons spoiler tags shortly, I will still stick my comments behind spoiler tags for now, seeing as quite a few here are still yet to read BoD.

*Blood of Dragons spoilers Smiling *
There is just *so much* story still to be told..

(May-26-2012, 09:23 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: These beings disagree. Fitz has no reason to come along. RH won't tear him away from Molly just to satisfy certain fans. He needs a real reason before he will leave her...

...and, 'thul, as I have said oft times before P , there is *every* reason for Fitz to come back into the fray, and it has nothing to do with merely satisfying fans. Joker

Why would he need to be torn away from Molly to jump back into the action? He isn't being torn away from Molly at present, even in spite of the fact that he remains, as ever, in loyal service to the throne and the Farseers at the end of Tawny Man. He is summoned and travels to Buckkeep often from Withywoods.

Also, Molly is not the Molly of old. She now knows much of the truth of Fitz and his role, and has likely been able to reorder her thinking that was for so long attached to her old hurts. Hurt they still will, but the truth itself will be a salve to them and it may help her understand many of his past actions. Her daughter (Nettle) and son (Steady) are presently also in service to the Farseers....so why not still her now-husband Fitz? For extra company, during his trips back to Buckkeep if she does not go back there each time to visit with Steady or Nettle, Molly always has Patience.

Of course, Molly could always die. Though she is only slightly older than Fitz, maybe she would choose not to benefit from a possible Skill-healing or somesuch? Maybe she could be taken by the Blood Plague and this would then offer it an opportunity to return to the storyline so that the reasons for it could be explored? It has certainly featured quite heavily in the lives of some characters (the Vestrits, Davad Restart, Burrich etc). While not everything in the plot has to be supernatural, the Blood Plague, for me, is more than just your everyday plague. There is something nefarious about it methinks...and it possibly links with likely nefarious happenings that left the Duke of Chalced's Throne Room in such a downed state.

RE: The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books incl CoD* - 'thul - Apr-02-2013

don't forget that FitzChivalry is content. He might venture to the capital every now and then, but he doesn't want another adventure. Why would he? he has everything he wants.

RE: The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books incl CoD* - mmmmmmm - Apr-02-2013

(Apr-02-2013, 07:27 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: don't forget that FitzChivalry is content. He might venture to the capital every now and then, but he doesn't want another adventure. Why would he? he has everything he wants.

Duty? Loyalty? Sheer stubbornness?

He got what he thought he wanted at the end of AQ but realised he didn't want it after all...

RE: The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books incl CoD* - 'thul - Apr-02-2013

he wasn't complete then, so he couldn't know what he truly needed. At end of TM he was complete, so he could know.

RE: The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books incl CoD* - Wolfang - Apr-06-2013

If a story is yet to come out of the Chivalry line at all, I rather expect it to come from one of Fitz's seed rather than Fitz himself, although I do believe that in that case he would appear sometimes as Althea and Brashen did during the RWC series.

As was said, Fitz is content, and I think Robin Hobb is pleased with the ending (as most of us are) and wouldn't really wish to tamper with that.

RE: The Duke of Chalced's Throne Room *Spoilers all books incl CoD* - Luckheart - May-18-2013

If he were wise, he would be content with being content.

.. But *he* has never been wise.