thePlenty.net Forums
The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Upcoming books & other RH news (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince (/thread-481.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince - fool-ish - Aug-29-2012

I'm gonna be thwarted, I just know it! Down

RE: The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince - mmmmmmm - Aug-29-2012

On Jackie Morris's blog it talks about a possible commission for a new Robin Hobb novella even though the article on the subterranean thingy says someone else is going to be illustrating it so perhaps it will be released by HarperCollins in the UK *hopes*

RE: The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince - Farseer - Aug-30-2012

Ah, nice pick-up Detective , mmmmmmm! Clapping Yes! I haven't been by Jackie's site for a few days but here it is for the rest of you to check out in her August 28th post. Flowers
(Aug-28-2012, 11:04 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: I thought Skype was free, or is that if you're skyping in the same country? I dunno. But one way or another, I'll have to know that story! Big GrinSlurp

Having Skype but never having Skyped P , I'd not know but if the 'thul beings say it's free, I'll go with them and Skype ya when/if required! Book "Now settle back and listen, fool-ish...stop that squirming, fool-ish, and listen." Mad

Wink@ littlemissangry: it can be pre-ordered from SP anywhere in the world but I think the shipping is pretty much the same for us all, no matter where we are? I'm down in Australia. Of course, if Jackie is working on the illustrations of a new novella, as mmmmmmm has just shared with us, it is likely to be TWP&TPP I suppose, and therefore another option for purchase later down the track? Some more investigation is required methinks! Detective

RE: The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince - Farseer - Aug-31-2012

Just copying and pasting a quote here from Robin via her site from back in 2010:

Quote:I don’t, right now, have plans for Crossfire’s Cotery though it is a tale close to my heart. In my spare time, off to the side of the novel I’m contracted for, I’m working on a piece about the Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince that will shed some light on what really happened there . . . that is, if we can trust the narrators to be be truthful! I’m having a lot of fun with this, but right now, it’s just a side project. No idea when (or if!) I will get it finished or published.

Very true that..."if we can trust the narrators to be truthful". Smiling

RE: The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince - Farseer - Nov-30-2012

As per Robin's recent Facebook post, she is working on the page proofs of The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince today.

I.am.so.EXCITED! Yay

RE: The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince - joost - Nov-30-2012

I thought this was a Subterranean Press only release, but Amazon has the book listed: http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Willful-Princess-Piebald-Prince/dp/1596065443/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354260424&sr=8-1

RE: The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince - Farseer - Nov-30-2012

Lost my post! Down

So it is, joost, so it is. I can't remember what I paid for my Subterranean Press pre-ordered copy but I have a feeling that Amazon's is *way* cheaper?

RE: The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince - joost - Nov-30-2012

Subterranean was USD35, I think, which is (at the moment) GBP 21.80. So Amazon is slightly cheaper. But shipping costs for SP were quite high.

RE: The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince - Jussi - Nov-30-2012

Cover art:

[Image: The_Willful_Princess_and_the_Piebald_Pri...00x294.jpg]

RE: The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince - 'thul - Dec-01-2012

Is that what a piebald horse would look like? Or is it artist interpretation, to a large degree independent of facts?

Not pretty like dragon scales.
*shakes head miffedly*
*wanders off to find something (or someone) edible*