thePlenty.net Forums
The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Upcoming books & other RH news (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince (/thread-481.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince - finella - Mar-10-2013

Got it too Clapping. And read it in once Book. Nice little story. But somehow sad Down.
I have the "Deluxe Hardcover Edition". And there are only 2 drawings in it. Are there more drawings in the signed edition?

RE: The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince - joost - Mar-10-2013

(Mar-10-2013, 10:07 AM (UTC))finella Wrote: I have the "Deluxe Hardcover Edition". And there are only 2 drawings in it. Are there more drawings in the signed edition?
Nope, only two.

RE: The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince - Mervi - Mar-16-2013

Have read mine and really enjoyed it! The tale provides lots of new info for the Farseer articles in the wiki as well! Smiling

According to some newsgroup posts it looks like the trade edition was never be meant for non-US markets (unlike the special edition that was available to everyone). Together with the initial mix-up with the discounts and the confusion of whether third party stores like amazon could actually sell it (has anyone here got a copy through amazon?), I have to say Subterranean could have done a lot better.Dodgy

Also, looks like there might be (a UK only?) ebook coming at the end of this year.

RE: The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince - mmmmmmm - Mar-16-2013

amazon.co.uk told me they couldn't provide a delivery date so I cancelled my order and placed a new order for the November UK one.

RE: The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince - Farseer - Mar-16-2013

Yes, I ended up being able to purchase two trade editions despite being outside the US. There was nothing at all to prevent the purchase though. I'm not sure if this has been corrected or not but I did make Robin aware of it. Of course, you'd think that Subterranean Press would have to fulfill all order obligations previously received from international buyers, directly through them or other outlets such as Amazon. Some may have to wait for the second printing though, you'd assume.Undecided

RE: The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince - mmmmmmm - Mar-20-2013

It does look like some people got their copies from amazon.co.uk (I am quite happy to wait for a version which presumably will be translated to british english P )

RE: The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince - Farseer - Mar-21-2013

Blink I must have been so busy enjoying it that I didn't even notice those missing 'u's. P

RE: The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince - 'thul - Mar-21-2013

nothing missing.

RE: The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince - Farseer - Mar-21-2013

(Mar-16-2013, 07:52 AM (UTC))Mervi Wrote: Also, looks like there might be (a UK only?) ebook coming at the end of this year.

Hope 'UK' extends to Australia as well! Clapping

Oh 'thul!! Big Grin

RE: The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince - Valarya - Mar-21-2013

Yeah, I mentioned that there was an e-book coming out ONLY for the UK in Robin's newsgroup a few weeks ago and I believe she said it's just how the cookie crumbles (not in those words).

Doesn't matter, really. If it's on the internet, it's available for grabs anywhere. So. Big Grin