thePlenty.net Forums
Fitz Fool 1 ??? (Spoilers all Hobb books incl CoD) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Upcoming books & other RH news (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Fitz Fool 1 ??? (Spoilers all Hobb books incl CoD) (/thread-485.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? - 'thul - Aug-29-2012

not surprising, really, fool-ish... they're generally seeped in brine, those dutch. Being under the sea level most of the time and all...

(or close to it)

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? - Farseer - Aug-30-2012

(Aug-29-2012, 06:09 AM (UTC))joost Wrote: Since I'm Dutch I probably get this begin 2013 P.

Big Grin Ah, joost, you stirrer you! Stirring P

Clapping

Robin *has* been working on a project recently, and keeping her cards close to her chest, but it's impossible to say if that project may have been this or 'The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince'. All speculation of course but I am sure we will find out soon enough either way...though I must admit that I like the guessing and wondering even more than the knowing at times Smiling .

@finella: Honestly, the Newsgroup is a friendly and very welcoming bunch, and Robin herself very much so, so feel free to dare much and pop in at any time. Flowers I do like this space best though. You've all grown on me... Grouphug

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? - finella - Aug-30-2012

(Aug-30-2012, 09:41 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: @finella: Honestly, the Newsgroup is a friendly and very welcoming bunch, and Robin herself very much so, so feel free to dare much and pop in at any time. Flowers I do like this space best though. You've all grown on me... Grouphug

I believe that it is as you say. I'm not a big fan of those virtual "Kitchen Tables". I don't have enough time and opportunity (working through the day) for that.
And to be honest: one forum, where I have to think and write in english is completely enough for me Blink. I feel pretty good here with you all WinkSmiling.

(Aug-30-2012, 10:31 AM (UTC))finella Wrote: And to be honest: one forum, where I have to think and write in english is completely enough for me Blink.

I think that and English is my native language! P

As for work, I have brought lots home with me to do tonight (despite the fact that my office is only about fifteen metres away from my house!) so best get to it before a very, very long trip in the car tomorrow. Sleeping Whose idea was it to move even further north-west and thus so much further (hours and hours!) from everything I need to get to?! Uhhuh Husbands! Rant

Robin is busy at DragonCon etc at present but I'm sure she'll get back to us about this Fitz Fool business soonish...though even when she does, I expect it will be with a Fool-like answer...you know, the riddly, evasive kind! Joker

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? - 'thul - Aug-30-2012

why give a clear answer, when you can give a riddly, confuzzling one?

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? - finella - Aug-30-2012

(Aug-30-2012, 11:55 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I expect it will be with a Fool-like answer...you know, the riddly, evasive kind! Joker
That wouldn't surprise me at all. She is the Fool's mother, isn't she Joker?!

Blink Well, I'll be! There's one Fool riddle I've finally had solved! Wink

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? - fool-ish - Aug-30-2012

(Aug-30-2012, 01:32 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: why give a clear answer, when you can give a riddly, confuzzling one?

Because some of us are confuzzled enough without any added confuzzlement

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? - 'thul - Aug-31-2012

True enough. True enough.

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? - Farseer - Sep-10-2012

This may stem the tide of curiosity...or not. Robin has responded to the query thus so:

Quote:With great reluctance, I am addressing this thread, as it simply won't go away, I suppose.

The accidental listing on Amazon.co.uk is extremely premature. I'd say very extremely except that's a misuse of adverbs. I'm not blaming anyone for being curious about what the listing means! I just wish it hadn't happened at all.

Clearly, for some time, my publishers have wanted me to write a continuation of the Fitz and Fool story . It was my hope to work on such a story slowly, carefully and very privately. For years. Because if I do it badly or hastily, I will have ended my career.

Thinking about readers' opinions about what I'm writing while I'm writing a story has never been conducive (at least for me!) to getting words on paper.

I had hoped to avoid suggestions, ideas, queries, IM's etc about such work by not publicizing that I was even considering starting it.

But it's out there now and there's no dodging it.

I'm going to avoid posting about this. I'm not going to reply to any queries about it. Not because I'm trying to be a diva or an artiste, but because I need to focus on writing, not talking about writing. I think I've posted here before about what I see as the difference between Being a Writer and Writing. I'm not going to Be a Writer about this. There will be no hints, page counts, updates, teasers, or warnings that A Main Character Will Die! I know that many other writers use things like that to build excitement and increase internet chatter. But I don't. For me, writing is like working on a long complicated math equation. If someone in the room is reciting phone numbers or saying the times table out loud, everything gets scrambled. So I'm going to insulate myself.

Oh, and while I'm very disappointed that this leaked out, I'm certainly not angry at anyone. Just wishing it hadn't happened.

Robin

Well said, Robin, I say! Grouphug Slurp I'd feel exactly the same...though I'd be *far* less accepting of the leak. Knight