thePlenty.net Forums
Fitz Fool 1 ??? (Spoilers all Hobb books incl CoD) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Upcoming books & other RH news (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Fitz Fool 1 ??? (Spoilers all Hobb books incl CoD) (/thread-485.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? - 'thul - Sep-11-2012

not really surprising that its a very long and premature might-be...

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? - fool-ish - Sep-11-2012

Poor Robin! That must be horrible for a writer. Still, it's a 'might be' so allowed to feel a little excitement, yes? P

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? - mmmmmmm - Sep-11-2012

Poor Robin- it must add to the pressure.

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? - 'thul - Sep-11-2012

some writers like public stuff, others are secretive. Nothing strange about that.

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? - finella - Sep-25-2012

Puh, I can fully understand every word of Robin to this topic. (I wish, I hadn't found the anouncement at amazon.) I think, we have to accept her statement, that she won't say anything to that. And in my eyes she is totally right. I wouldn't want my all time favorite writer under such a pressure. As she said: writing something because her fans or her publisher wants it, and not, because she wants to write it and feels ready to it, can spoil everything.
I myself will never ever ask about that topic again. It's solitary up to her, if she will bring it up again. I will forget about it!!!

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? - 'thul - Sep-25-2012

Estimated (or precise) release dates should only be given when the author (and publisher) are ready for it. It is pointless to give release times when the book is hardly more than a few pages here and there.

oh, and spoilers should be limited as much as possible...
'thul rather like the sum of all spoilers given for the fifth book in another series they're reading (green rider by Kristen Britain):
(1) It is a direct continuation of the last book, and (2) it has horses in it.

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? - Valarya - Nov-01-2012

Squeeeeeeeeeeeee!! Yay

Seriously I'm so excited I can't hold it in, even in my cubicle at work.

YayClapping

I understand how Robin feels, but this is FANTASTIC news! Seriously. It just made my year. An already wonderful year, I might add. I don't care how long it takes to come out, just -knowing- it exists and will come out someday fulfills me. Flowers

Also.. tying in another conversation we were having about when things should just end, this is one of those instances where I don't feel it's being done for money. At all. I trust Robin more than any other writer, director or producer out there. Her publishers have been asking for another Fitz/Fool book for YEARS, she said.. yet she didn't start it until it felt right. Thank you, Robin. Thank you for making it yours, and not just for making it of the publishing company or the annoying fans.

Dance

Now. On to speculation!!!! Hahah

Series-wide (especially RWC) spoilers within:........

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? - Albertosaurus Rex - Nov-01-2012

As I've stated in the "sequels" topic, I'm a bit ambivalent about this. Part of me would rather more like to see a new world. Another part is very excited. And I have to agree - it sounds like she's had this idea for years, so I'll trust to her integrity.

We'll see how this all turns out.

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? - Tebasile - Nov-02-2012

Having just read the three available Rain Wild Chronicle books I too think it ist probable that the further story of Fitz and the Fool will have something to do with the events started there.
It would bring the whole story full circle and is the logical culmination of the whole arc.
And while I am a also a bit apprehensive I think it is the only way for the saga to be really complete.

And with the theme of everything being part of a much bigger natural whole permeating all Robins writing it feels just as natural for me that it will all come full circle.

I hope this is not spoilery, as I haven't figured out to do spoiler cuts yet. Wink

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? - Farseer - Nov-04-2012

Tebasile, you may like to have a look at post #1 here in the Forum FAQ thread, to learn how to insert spoiler tags. If you still find it tricky to follow, I have some Word doc links within the forum...in that place known as 'somewhere'. Will try and find them if you need. Flowers

I will put a spoiler warning (EDIT: up to the end of City of Dragons only, so can our Dutch readers or those 'in the know' please still use spoiler tags for Blood of Dragons? Smiling ) in the thread title though so that should cover us all from here on?

Of course there are also lots of other discussions, re the war with Chalced, that you all may like to revisit for further points. Smiling