thePlenty.net Forums
Fitz Fool 1 ??? (Spoilers all Hobb books incl CoD) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Upcoming books & other RH news (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Fitz Fool 1 ??? (Spoilers all Hobb books incl CoD) (/thread-485.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? (Spoilers all Hobb books incl CoD) - Albertosaurus Rex - Nov-07-2012

Despite being Dutch, I'm still waiting for the final Rain Wilds book to come out in English. Anyway, I would agree with the thought that a third Fitz and the Fool trilogy would potentially finish the arc.

You know what, I'm kinda hoping for a return to the world of The Soldier Son. I don't know if it would be commercially viable, but there are potential new stories there, I think.

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? (Spoilers all Hobb books incl CoD) - 'thul - Nov-07-2012

these beings cannot say they want another story in that world.

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? (Spoilers all Hobb books incl CoD) - Farseer - Nov-07-2012

(Nov-07-2012, 01:16 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: Despite being Dutch, I'm still waiting for the final Rain Wilds book to come out in English.

AR, does this mean that you have read the Dutch version of BoD but are still waiting for the English as well OR that you have refrained from reading the Dutch at all (if so, what willpower you have! Blink ) so are in the dark along with the majority of the rest of us?

(Nov-07-2012, 01:16 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: Anyway, I would agree with the thought that a third Fitz and the Fool trilogy would potentially finish the arc.

My obsession forces me to hope that this won't be the case (that the arc will then be complete)! I can live with clinging to the low modality of 'potentially' though. P

So many things can still come from this arc, I think...in the form of backfill as well as moving the storyline forward. Of course, Fitz and Fool are but one (they have always been one Wink ) element of the entire tale so there are many things also still left to expand upon within the realm as a whole. As we learn of current and future events, we must also unearth the historical and ancient, and then weave them altogether. I guess it's simply a matter of how deep our Tangle Leader wishes to dig and how much weaving she'd like to do.

(Nov-07-2012, 01:16 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: You know what, I'm kinda hoping for a return to the world of The Soldier Son. I don't know if it would be commercially viable, but there are potential new stories there, I think.

I agree, AR. I agree.

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? (Spoilers all Hobb books incl CoD) - 'thul - Nov-07-2012

'thul would much rather prefer extra stories in RotE...

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? (Spoilers all Hobb books incl CoD) - Farseer - Nov-08-2012

As would I...but a return to Gernia at some point would also bring me pleasure.

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? (Spoilers all Hobb books incl CoD) - finella - Nov-08-2012

(Nov-07-2012, 01:16 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: You know what, I'm kinda hoping for a return to the world of The Soldier Son. I don't know if it would be commercially viable, but there are potential new stories there, I think.

Hm, no, not for me. The RotE is so rich of possibilities, and Gernia has never really intrigued me that deep.

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? (Spoilers all Hobb books incl CoD) - 'thul - Nov-08-2012

'tis good 'thul are not alone in the view that sticking to RotE is better than venturing into gernia again.

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? (Spoilers all Hobb books incl CoD) - Farseer - Nov-09-2012

You beings are *never* alone...you have each other. Wink

As for Gernia, well, *of course* I'd prefer that we head back there only when the entire RotE tale has been told (actually I'd like to insist that Robin should just spend every waking moment on RotE but even authors need to brush their teeth, work in their garden, eat lunch or speak with their spouses from time-to-time Wink ) but there's no stopping creative juices wherever they may flow... and if they flow in the direction of Gernia and not the RotE, well... Boat

I am really looking forward to the upcoming short story... Yay ...and we get BoD to boot! Clapping Dance Grouphug

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? (Spoilers all Hobb books incl CoD) - Albertosaurus Rex - Nov-09-2012

Yes, I really mean that I have not read Blood of Dragons in any way, shape or form.

And maybe I am alone in this, but I would rather not have Robin Hobb write stories about the Realm of the Elderlings forever. When Blood of Dragons comes out, that's thirteen books, plus a handful of short stories. If the new Fitz and the Fool story is a trilogy, that brings the count up to sixteen books. That's an incredible amount of time to spend in one universe. I will happily read it, but I would like to see some new frontiers one day, be they Gernian or something else altogether.

RE: Fitz Fool 1 ??? (Spoilers all Hobb books incl CoD) - 'thul - Nov-09-2012

New stories can in these beings' opinion come forever, so long as they contribute to the whole, rather than attempt to milk a spent universe.