thePlenty.net Forums
Favorite Bookmark - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Favorite Bookmark (/thread-51.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Favorite Bookmark - chriSchaeffer - Jul-02-2009

I'm curious if anyone else is sentimental about their bookmark. I like to use the same bookmark over and over, but I have a friend that just uses the paper receipt from when they bought the book.

So do you have a favorite bookmark?

Here's mine...
[Image: svqagh.jpg]

I like it because it is really light, it doesn't bend the book, it never falls out when I carry the book around, and it looks like a tiny magic carpet!

RE: Favorite Bookmark - Mervi - Jul-03-2009

Ooh, this is a great topic! I need to take photos of a few of mine. Smiling

RE: Favorite Bookmark - trekkie75 - Jul-03-2009

my favourite bookmark is the one i did myself in preschool. it's 28 years old an it shows - but I love it. Unfortunatly I've misplaced it.

Until I find it I use photographs of my children.
Or a random piece of paper.

RE: Favorite Bookmark - Albertosaurus Rex - Jul-06-2009

I used to use a scrap of paper that I ripped out of a newspaper one day when nothing else was at hand. I continued to use it for six years straight, until it became so thin that one day I accidentally ripped it in half.

I still possess the halves of my old bookmark. Perhaps I'll post a photo later.

RE: Favorite Bookmark - redchild - Jul-06-2009

I use a coupon that came with my bowling shoes from bowling.com.

RE: Favorite Bookmark - chriSchaeffer - Jul-06-2009

Quote:I used to use a scrap of paper that I ripped out of a newspaper one day...

Quote:I use a coupon that came with my bowling shoes from bowling.com...

LOL That is so funny. I can't believe so many people just whatever they happen to find nearby but then end up using it for an extended period of time. That is just too funny. P:

RE: Favorite Bookmark - Mervi - Feb-02-2010

Now that many of us have received the bookmarks Robin sent, how about some photos of them?

I have a batch of Decipher's LOTR trading card game cards that I often use as bookmarks. Very handy with paperbacks especially where a bigger bookmark is often a bit impractical. But here are two "real bookmarks" I love to use too and the blue-silver dragon I received today!
[Image: 120h62w.jpg]
(The book is Peter Jackson's biography by Brian Sibley.)

RE: Favorite Bookmark - Sini - Mar-11-2010

[Image: 4424938421_f1e68622fb.jpg]

Ok here's my bookmark from Robin Smiling Which is currently in use for the first time now that I finally got Dragon Haven picked up from the post office Clapping

RE: Favorite Bookmark - Farseer - May-29-2010

(Feb-02-2010, 01:09 PM (UTC))Mervi Wrote: Now that many of us have received the bookmarks Robin sent, how about some photos of them?

Mervi, does this mean that all members of thePlenty received bookmarks from Robin at some stage?! Radar *green with envy*

Am away from home and so, dare I say, I am using a calculator to keep my place at the moment Whistling. Actually, I think I have more bookmarks than I do books but, as often as not, I also tend to use whatever's close by! Will post some pics when I am back at home...great thread!!!

RE: Favorite Bookmark - Mervi - May-29-2010

No, it had nothing to do with this site. Last year, Robin started a "newsletter" type of email list, which basically meant that people who wanted to get updates from her via email sent their adresses to her and receive emails now and then about upcoming books and signings and such. I think we've got two or three emails so far. Anyway, at the start, she also offered to send handmade bookmarks as a 'thank you' to readers who wanted them, anywhere in the world for free (because she's super nice and awesome like that) and those are what you see in the photos above. Smiling
I'm not sure if there's any left in stock, (I remember there being talk about her having to make a second batch after running out of them) but I guess it can't hurt to ask if you decide to subscribe to the newsletter. I can send the details on how we were instructed to subscribe to you as a PM (it was only ever advertised in her newsgroup and I don't want to post the email address publicly so that it doesn't attract spam).