thePlenty.net Forums
Fantasy recommendations - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Fantasy recommendations (/thread-52.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Fantasy recommendations - fool-ish - Mar-22-2012

(Mar-22-2012, 10:18 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Detective Ahem. Blink Right. Ouch Well, I feel silly... Blushing

And here was I thinking you guys were just chatting about something erotic Big Grin ...seems I missed the initial post! Innocent P
*sigh* I'm so busy I don't even know what I'M reading! ^ I'm actually in Chapter Six somewhere of CoD, not Four...I think! Uhhuh
We've moved on from erotica. It was all those beings fault anyway, they started it! Surrender

My daughter's off to watch The Hunger Games tomorrow, hence a desperate text message pleading for money from the Bank of Mum and Dad!

I hope you manage to get further on with CoD soon, Farseer Smiling

RE: Fantasy recommendations - 'thul - Mar-23-2012

Humans. Blaming innocent dragons for everything!

RE: Fantasy recommendations - fool-ish - Mar-23-2012

(Mar-23-2012, 12:30 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: Humans. Blaming innocent dragons for everything!
Ha! I knew that would wake the dragon! Big Grin

RE: Fantasy recommendations - 'thul - Mar-23-2012

these beings keep recalling some sort of dragon-related proverb...
"do not poke the sleeping dragon, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

RE: Fantasy recommendations - fool-ish - Mar-23-2012

(Mar-23-2012, 09:39 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: these beings keep recalling some sort of dragon-related proverb...
"do not poke the sleeping dragon, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Big GrinClapping

RE: Fantasy recommendations - Valarya - Mar-26-2012

(Mar-22-2012, 05:59 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Flat out like the proverbial lizard drinking and, yes, I'm still in Chapter Four of CoD! Surrender The Hunger Games movie seems to be taking the world by storm, or so one of my sons tells me (?) ...has anyone here read the book? I think I may well add it to my 'to-read' pile as it sounds like something our whole family may enjoy.

My daughter read the first book.. and we went to see the movie with her friend and mom who have both read the whole series (3 books).

From someone who hadn't read the books.. I thought the movie was amazing! Amazingly, I didn't hear any griping from the readers about annoying changes; they said it stayed pretty true to the book, which is great.

Unfortunately some of my closest friends (friends whose recommendations I prize above all others) have read the trilogy and unanimously state the 1st one is amazing, the 2nd one is 'meh' and the 3rd one is absolutely disappointing. They've all told me to read the 1st one and leave it at that (though of course i never could just leave it at that, lol).

As soon as I finish Inheritance (finally made it to Book 4 on the re-read) I'll be picking up the Mistborn Trilogy. THEN it's off to Hunger Games. Smiling

RE: Fantasy recommendations - 'thul - Mar-26-2012

these beings will have to find a semi-large number of books to read soon. they need it for easter train travel. Unfortunately they'll have to get papery books, which limits their library from 14-15k+ to less than one hundred, or whatever they can loan... most annoying... but not much to do about that...

RE: Fantasy recommendations - fool-ish - Mar-26-2012

(Mar-26-2012, 02:07 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote:
(Mar-22-2012, 05:59 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Flat out like the proverbial lizard drinking and, yes, I'm still in Chapter Four of CoD! Surrender The Hunger Games movie seems to be taking the world by storm, or so one of my sons tells me (?) ...has anyone here read the book? I think I may well add it to my 'to-read' pile as it sounds like something our whole family may enjoy.

My daughter read the first book.. and we went to see the movie with her friend and mom who have both read the whole series (3 books).

From someone who hadn't read the books.. I thought the movie was amazing! Amazingly, I didn't hear any griping from the readers about annoying changes; they said it stayed pretty true to the book, which is great.

Unfortunately some of my closest friends (friends whose recommendations I prize above all others) have read the trilogy and unanimously state the 1st one is amazing, the 2nd one is 'meh' and the 3rd one is absolutely disappointing. They've all told me to read the 1st one and leave it at that (though of course i never could just leave it at that, lol).

As soon as I finish Inheritance (finally made it to Book 4 on the re-read) I'll be picking up the Mistborn Trilogy. THEN it's off to Hunger Games. Smiling
The first book is brilliant, the second is great but doesn't quite hit the mark like book one did and as I've yet to read the third, I couldn't say. I hope it doesn't disappoint, but I'll see it through to the end regardless, because I just have to know! Smiling I must try to get to the cinema too.