thePlenty.net Forums
Show us your bookshelves! - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Bingtown's night market (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Show us your bookshelves! (/thread-6.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - BuckBear - May-06-2009

I've read my copies so much that I've had to tape them. They're well-loved. My bookshelves are overloaded. For strange things, I do have the Chinese and French editions of Assassin's Apprentice. I've read about a third of the Chinese edition. The translation's not too bad (better than the Harry Potter translations).

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - Chiquita - May-07-2009

I have all 12 of Robin Hobb's books, but just in the normal US paperback variety.

I did splurge and get the limited edition of A Fantasy Medley because I also really like Kelley Armstrong so felt it was worth the price for 2 of my fav authors Smiling

I'm not a huge fantasy reader so mostly everything else on my shelf is a bit of this, bit of that

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - Albertosaurus Rex - Jul-12-2009

I usually buy pocket (mass market) paperbacks, because they are cheaper than hardcovers, and UK versions instead of US versions because they generally have prettier covers. Only if I love an author's books very much do I upgrade that author to "want hardcover now" (as I recently did with Robin Hobb).

Concerning Hobb's books, I have Assassin's Apprentice up to Renegade's Magic in UK paperback and Dragon Keeper in hardcover.
Megan Lindholm books are all in UK paperback: Harpy's Flight, The Windsingers, Luck of the Wheels, (but NOT The Limbreth Gate, which is unavailable) The Reindeer People, Wolf's Brother. And The Gypsy I have in the ORB trade paperback reissue edition.

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - Mervi - Mar-10-2010

Well, my copy of Dragon Haven arrived today, so I just had to take a picture of teh pretty now that the horrible gap is gone. Missing from this photo but on the other shelf are Meditations on Middle-earth (among my Tolkien books) and Myth & Magic + the poster collection and Forging Dragons by John Howe.
Oh, and all the hardcovers are ~true firsts~.

[Image: qqwm0z.jpg]

You can browse this collection online here at my LibraryThing.

Soo many things still missing from that... *goes back to eating porridge*

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - chriSchaeffer - Mar-10-2010

Wow, nice collection! Sadly, my bookshelves are no longer growing since I buy most of my books on the Kindle. It's cheaper, but I don't have any nice pictures like THAT to share.

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - joost - Mar-15-2010

My Hobb collection:
[Image: Foto0026.jpg]
(left is the Fool's gold series by Jude Fisher. I've ordered Dragon haven, but it won't arrive until april)

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - wiliamjoan - Mar-26-2010

I don't have a big collection like you guys have.Here are some of the books which I have
Liveship Traders trilogy,Farseer trilogy,Fool & Fitz,Assassin's Apprentice, Royal Assassin, and Assassin Quest.I started with the Liveship Traders trilogy. I could not put it down. The last time I read a story that was that engrossing was Memory, Sorrow and Thorn.I jumped right into the Farseer trilogy and have just started the 3rd book. It doesn't seem as polished as Liveship, but it still has me hooked.

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - Albertosaurus Rex - Mar-26-2010

I'll try to post pictures of my bookshelves soon. In the meantime: Mervi, your Robin Hobb collection is AWESOME!

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - Farseer - Apr-01-2010

Still moving in to new house so have books everywhere, even whole bookshelves of them in each built-in bedroom cupboard as well as on the floor awaiting new corner shelving (new homestead built right next to but 1/4 the size of our old one!). Here are the few pics that I was able to load. My ROTE books are horribly mismatched and VERY WELL WORN so plan to invest in a whole set of hardbacks...I plan to have them ready to share with grandkids (a long way off yet!!).Two are missing as they are being read!

Sorry all...not sure why the pics themselves haven't come up. Maybe too many or at too high a res?

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - chriSchaeffer - Apr-01-2010

Oh wow, I see some Louis L'amour books! I haven't read one of those since... I think it was junior high school! I totally forgot how fun those books are to read.

{checking the Kindle store}

Awesome! Amazon has tons of them for less than $5. Thanks for the pictures, Farseer.