thePlenty.net Forums
Show us your bookshelves! - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Bingtown's night market (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Show us your bookshelves! (/thread-6.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - Nuytsia - Apr-17-2010

Geees everyone's bookshelves are so well organised! I organise mine but then they get messed up so quickly......
I don't really make any effort to collect books or get nice looking copies. I buy when they come out in paperback and the price has dropped, OR I just get them out from the library to read....
I will take some pics soon of my bookshelves though.
Mervi ...... porridge ...... yum!
Farseer my sympathy to you - I hate moving!!!!! We still have books in boxes here, and I am too embarrassed to say how long ago we moved in.... How come you built a new house 1/4 size? That sounds like quite a challenge! The house we are in now is probably 2/3 size of the one we used to be in (although a tiny one rented in between, with everything stuffed into boxes). It's hard enough fitting our things in even so!! I can't even imagine 1/4 !

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - Farseer - Apr-19-2010

Hey Nuytsia,

I've missed you guys, and haven't you all been BUSY while I've been off-line?! So many great posts for me to wade through Clapping ! *Not a spoiler but an overly long off-topic post I'm saving you from!*

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - Nuytsia - Apr-20-2010

Welcome back!! Was wondering where you'd got to Detective
Wow your old house/s must have been HUGE. I hope you hadn't filled all the available space with stuff (as seems to be the general rule of thumb!)
I can see that your new house isn't at all small - just smaller than huge!
Interesting history too.
I often wonder what the heck happened on our property in the past. There weren't any old houses still standing but there are small indications of activity like bolts in the side of old trees, rose bushes in the middle of nowhere, sawdust piles, railway sleeper type bits of wood etc.
Whoa you had your house moved from Townsville! I knew it had to be some major operation to have a new house built where you are. I cringe at the thought of the logistics! (and cost)
I thought you could just use your old house for storage but you demolished it! Wow I would love a humungous old house next to mine for storage!! We don't even have a proper shed. I NEED MORE STORAGE!
Heheh your storage is old shearing quarters, mine is currently a hayshed!

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - Farseer - May-13-2010

It could be said that Nuytsia and I destroyed this great thread with our terribly off-topic and lengthy rambling Whistling ! If you haven't already, can you please post some pics of your bookshelves to get it going again (and so I don't have to feel so guilty!)?

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - Nuytsia - May-14-2010

And to add insult to injury, I haven't even posted a pic of my bookshelves yet!
Blushing

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - FoolMoon - May-31-2010

[Image: 2u3uuex.jpg]

Well, these aren't all of my books. i cleared some shelves not long ago so there's free space i need to fill. These are just the books in my room. not including the ones in my mom's library, the ones in my siblings' library and the ones i loaned to friends (like Assassin's Apprentice). oh, and Dragon Keeper which is on my bed.
Robin Hobb is on long top shelf.

i should really reorganize my shelves and gather my books from around the house.

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - Farseer - May-31-2010

Thanks for saving us, FoolMoon Thankful, and you've got a great collection there!! I was particularly interested in seeing 'Dante', especially as I've just finished Jodi Picoult's 'The Tenth Circle'...a novel featuring plenty of Dante references!

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - Farseer - Feb-28-2012

Bumping this thread in case any of you have anything to share. I will have to get to posting some updated pics. Happyballoon

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - Valarya - Feb-28-2012

Can you go ahead and post my post here, Farseer? Smiling

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - 'thul - Feb-28-2012

These beings decided to share their physical bookshelves.
[Image: th_IMG_2212.jpg]
[Image: th_IMG_2213.jpg]
The latter image is based around a crate of trench dynamite.