thePlenty.net Forums
Show us your bookshelves! - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Bingtown's night market (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Show us your bookshelves! (/thread-6.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - Farseer - Mar-26-2012

Great. Along with my other computer dramas, I now have disappearing posts. Joker

(Mar-25-2012, 06:25 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: New cellphone with a better camera.

Hooray for new technology! Clapping

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - 'thul - Mar-26-2012

the image quality is certainly improved...

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - Farseer - Apr-06-2012

I have so many books and bookshelves but my number of books still far outweighs my bookshelf space so we knocked up a cheap (free!) one today. 'Twas an old door but 'tis now a yet-to-be-completed bookshelf (will look a little 'prettier' when I can get back to it) ... just perfect for the tiny but waiting-to-be-filled, waste-of-space corner near my daughter's bedroom. Smiling

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - fool-ish - Apr-06-2012

(Apr-06-2012, 11:18 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I have so many books and bookshelves but my number of books still far outweighs my bookshelf space so we knocked up a cheap (free!) one today. 'Twas an old door but 'tis now a yet-to-be-completed bookshelf (will look a little 'prettier' when I can get back to it) ... just perfect for the tiny but waiting-to-be-filled, waste-of-space corner near my daughter's bedroom. Smiling
Looks good, like a little bit of 'shabby chic.' I do like a bit of shabby chic and free is better still! Smiling

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - Farseer - Apr-12-2012

Yes, it would come under the Shabby Chic umbrella (I guess! Down ) but I don't like the term anywhere in connection to myself as it makes me feel like a cult follower or something when I've actually been doing the 'Shabby Chic thing' for far longer than the activity has had its label, or long before Rachel Ashwell became a household name. I can't say that I have ever seen/read anything by her or about her, and never want to.

Gettin' kinda tense aren't ya, Farseer? Uhhuh

Yep, I have a Shabby Chic button! Big Grin Everything I own would be considered Shabby Chic and I want to be known for creating my own path, not being a disciple of another! Proud

As my sons would say, "Just sayin'" ... P

Still, I do love the stuff, whatever its label Smiling , and I expect it comes from my country upbringing and/or having to make do.

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - Valarya - Apr-12-2012

I had to google Rachel Ashwell. P

Time to confess...I had to Google her too ("Shabby Chic creator")because I couldn't even remember her "household name"! P

Despite the fact that I dislike having to live under the SC label, I must respect the fact that Rachel has managed to create great change in thinking by encouraging others (who otherwise may not have) to use secondhand stuff in our mass-produced, throw-away world...someone who can do that, and does do that, deserves my respect.

Oh, crikey! Sometimes this forum thing makes me nuts...it makes me realise just how unaccepting and negative I can be, and then it makes me change my mind! Surrender Big Grin

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - fool-ish - Apr-12-2012

Surrender Scrap 'shabby'.. it's 'Farseer chic'

*Fool-ish trying her hardest to rectify yet another foot in mouth episode* Blushing Undecided

Innocent

Big Grin

Slurp

RE: Show us your bookshelves! - joost - Apr-16-2012

A new bookcase, so I reorganised some stuff:

[Image: bookcase1.jpg]
The 'normal' books
[Image: bookcase2.jpg]
All comics/graphic novels/manga
[Image: bookcase3.jpg]
Terry Pratchett, David Eddings, Anne McCaffrey, Robert Jordan