thePlenty.net Forums
Megan Lindholm books reprinted - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Seattle and beyond (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Megan Lindholm books reprinted (/thread-60.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Megan Lindholm books reprinted - Albertosaurus Rex - Aug-24-2009

Enquired Voyager about the matter. I got this reply:

Quote:Good Morning

All three titles below are being re launched however at the moment we do not have a definate date for the publications.

You may wish to contact our Customer Service mailbox in 4 weeks time for an update.

Well folks, there we have it. Perhaps this could go on the main page?

RE: Megan Lindholm books reprinted - Mervi - Jun-14-2010

I think I posted somewhere (just can't remember where) already that Jackie Morris is doing cover art for reprints of Reindeer People and Wolf's Brother. She recently posted the first roughs. As to when these (and the other ML reprints mentioned in this topic) are REALLY due is anyone's guess - amazon.co.uk has changed the dates from August 2009 to April 2011 but as with so many amazon "dates" lately, I wouldn't trust that (for example they currently state "7 May 2010" for Windsingers but at the same time say "not in stock"... 22) Well, I trust we'll get them, sooner or later!

RE: Megan Lindholm books reprinted - Albertosaurus Rex - Jun-29-2010

It's obvious we can't trust these release dates until we actually see the books in stores. A while ago, Amazon.co.uk listed Guy Gavriel Kay reprints for april 2010 - same story, they still haven't showed up. And I do want to check out GGK...

And why on Earth is Jackie Morris doing new covers? I love the John Howe covers!

RE: Megan Lindholm books reprinted - Mervi - Jun-30-2010

I guess they want to ~repack~ the books to look the "same" as the the newer Hobb reprints? Makes sense from a marketing point of view. I know some people find Jackie's covers plain and boring, but I adore her art (just as much as I love Howe's detailed paintings!) and I think it's refreshing to see different kinds of covers. I'm also wondering if Howe's prices have gone up a lot since he was involved with the LOTR movies or if he's just too busy to do other covers anymore. I mean, when was the last time we saw a new Howe cover on *anything* that wasn't a Tolkien book or one of Howe's own books? I haven't followed his website updates for awhile, so I could easily be wrong... it's just that I haven't seen anything new by him in bookshops besides Tolkien/JH titles for a few years.

RE: Megan Lindholm books reprinted - Albertosaurus Rex - Jun-30-2010

Heh, don't take me wrong, Morris is a fine artist, but all those animals on plain backgrounds do get a bit boring.

The Farseer trilogy was recently re-issued in the Netherlands with new covers too, but not the Morris ones. I'll see if I can find them online.

EDIT: Added to the book cover gallery now. They're a little generic - not terrible, but not an improvement either.

RE: Megan Lindholm books reprinted - Mervi - Jun-30-2010

Thanks, AR! Smiling They look quite dramatic, don't they? They sort of remind me of the Hebrew Farseers which also use same sort of distinct background colours - I must try to find better photos of those than I currently have so I can add them to the gallery too.

RE: Megan Lindholm books reprinted - joost - Jan-18-2012

The Windsingers quadrilogy now has a release date in april 2012. I ordered them again (third or fourth time?), let's hope Amazon won't cancel my order AGAIN.

RE: Megan Lindholm books reprinted - joost - Aug-16-2012

It's august and the four Windsinger books still have publication date of april 2012 but aren't released yet. Does anyone know the status of these books?

RE: Megan Lindholm books reprinted - Farseer - Aug-16-2012

Other than that I want them? No. Down

P

RE: Megan Lindholm books reprinted - Mervi - Jan-03-2020

So it's been a decade since the original post Ouch and here's where we are at:

* Alien Earth has NOT had a reprint/new edition as far as I can tell, but the latest pushed back date I've seen for a new ed is 16th of April 2020
* Wolf's BrotherDID eventually get a new paperback edition in 2011 together with The Reindeer People, with new cover art and all! 
* Wizard of the Pigeons has had its re-release date postponed several times, again in the last few months, but is now scheduled for March 2020 which seems believable seeing it now has new cover art as well.
* The Limbreth Gate (together with the rest of the Windsingers quartet) was released in 2011 as ebooks. Another April 2020 date has appeared online for a new paperback edition.