thePlenty.net Forums
The Inheritance (short story collection) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: The Inheritance (short story collection) (/thread-99.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Farseer - Dec-07-2011

Wonderful that you are enjoying it so much, fool-ish Clapping and, like joost, you have willpower beyond my imagining to not have to dive straight in to the RotE stuff!

(May-24-2011, 10:19 AM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: What exactly does that mean? Did you find the experience very strange?

So rude of me not to have replied to this, sorry AR! In saying that, I can only respond, and not answer, as I'm still trying to decipher my feelings, opinions and reactions to it all. P

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - fool-ish - Dec-09-2011

'Inheritance' was a great little read, 'Homecoming' was excellent and currently enjoying 'Cat's Meat' Smiling 'Drum Machine' was an odd one and I'm not quite sure I understood it. All in all though, this book was £3.99 well spent! Big Grin

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Valarya - Dec-09-2011

I've only read Homecoming and Inheritance I think. I need to get these other ones!! I've also never read anything Megan Lindholm. -_-

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - fool-ish - Dec-09-2011

I hadn't read any ML either Valarya. After reading these few short snippets though, I'm keen to read more.

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Farseer - Mar-14-2012

I am terrified (!) but I'm going to have a go at moving this thread I think. Uhhuh It's bugging me by still being here, and soon it will be time to also move the CoD thread.

The question is, "To whom should I credit 'The Inheritance'? Her Hobbness (RotE room) or Ms Lindholm (Seattle and beyond room)?" I don't have the ability to create a new 'joint' room, for shared works, as far as I can tell. That would be for Mervi.

I am more Hobb fan than Lindholm, so I would biasly place it in the RotE room if it were up to me, especially as all three short stories are RotE-related Blushing, but...

Thoughts? Undecided

Of course, I can always wait for Mervi to do the tweaking...

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - finella - Mar-14-2012

(Mar-14-2012, 02:16 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I am more Hobb fan than Lindholm, so I would biasly place it in the RotE room if it were up to me, especially as all three short stories are RotE-related Blushing, but...

It depends when Mervi will come back, hm?!

It might be a bit shiftless, but I would handle it the same. Specially Homecoming is a great endorsement and indispensable for RotE (in my eyes).
And Marvi might change it, if she won't agree,

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - FoolishGirl - Mar-15-2012

(Mar-14-2012, 05:47 PM (UTC))finella Wrote:
(Mar-14-2012, 02:16 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I am more Hobb fan than Lindholm, so I would biasly place it in the RotE room if it were up to me, especially as all three short stories are RotE-related Blushing, but...

It depends when Mervi will come back, hm?!

It might be a bit shiftless, but I would handle it the same. Specially Homecoming is a great endorsement and indispensable for RotE (in my eyes).
And Marvi might change it, if she won't agree,
I agree; go for it, Farseer. You're doing such a great job, and I appreciate your diligence! Slurp

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Farseer - Mar-15-2012

Ouch Done! *opens one eye slowly and then the other in a scaredy-cat, gut-clenching fashion*

Okay, so I didn't delete anything Toohot , but I can't do anything about the 'Important thread' thing. That's a Mervi job. Smiling I decided to put it here in the RotE spot as I thought it likely that Hobb fans would swing by thePlenty more often, given the less traffic we see in the Lindholm rooms? As finella said, Mervi can always change it again later.

Thanks for the feedback! Slurp

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - 'thul - Mar-15-2012

There is no "unsticky topic" command available? Such "important" threads are more commonly tagged as "sticky" on most BB-based forums.

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Farseer - Mar-15-2012

Please excuse us as I get a mod lesson from the beings known as 'thul. Big Grin

So 'thul, yes, I do have those options avialable to me so if I choose the The Inheritance thread and then the "Unstick Threads" option, that should bring them all together...

...without destroying anything? >insert H-bomb emoticon<