thePlenty.net Forums
The Inheritance (short story collection) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: The Inheritance (short story collection) (/thread-99.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Mervi - Jun-16-2010

It looks like the Inheritance might have cats on the covers...? Jackie also says some of the stories have cats in them. The only existing cat story I can think from the top of my head is [[the Fifth Squashed Cat]]. I am dying to see the table of contents of this book! Detective

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Nuytsia - Jun-17-2010

Oooh I love the paintings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yay more cats, bring it on.
Jackie seemed to mention the cats in relation to Rain Wilds stories? (or am I just reading it that way)
I don't recall cats mentioned in the Rain Wilds at all. I suspected people there don't really have pets with resources so scarce.
However, those cats in the paintings don't look exactly like domestic cats to me - more like I imagined the 'hunting cats' featured in the Tawny Man books. So maybe they use cats for hunting in rain wilds too and we just haven't come across it.

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Farseer - Jun-19-2010

Oh, it's SO EXCITING!!! I KNEW cats were hugely significant!!!! When you go looking for them, it is ASTOUNDING just how many references to them are made. I knew there lots but still... *** tiny, sort-of LST Traders Spoiler ***

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Nuytsia - Jun-21-2010

Oh cool, I hadn't even picked that up!

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Albertosaurus Rex - Jul-01-2010

As much as I have criticised the new covers in the past, I have to say that this intrigues me. Actually, for a short story collection, this is very elegant and interesting.

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Mervi - Aug-03-2010

And we have the finalized cover from Jackie's blog.
[Image: InheritanceButtermilk.jpg]

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - 'thul - Aug-03-2010

look good, it does...

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Nuytsia - Aug-03-2010

I really like this cover too!
Clapping

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Albertosaurus Rex - Aug-03-2010

Like I've said before, although I don't like the direction the covers have gone in recent years, I think this actually suits a short story collection better. I'm a little disapointed that the books is attributed to "Robin Hobb", though. Wouldn't it have been wild if it had read "Robin Hobb & Megan Lindholm"?

Now I want a contents list.

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Mervi - Aug-05-2010

Robin says the back cover will be "inverted" and have the Lindholm name on it. How cool is that?! (I'm just wondering if it's going to be the same painting flipped horizontally or a completely different painting...?