thePlenty.net Forums
The Inheritance (short story collection) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: The Inheritance (short story collection) (/thread-99.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Albertosaurus Rex - Aug-05-2010

All of which, while very cool, leads naturally to the question of which name(s) will be on the spine.

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - 'thul - Aug-05-2010

Quite possibly both...

These beings have read a book once that was two books mixed into one book.
The first story was like any other paperback, with the name on the cover and on the spine, but if you turned it upside down and around, it had a second cover, with the second story named, and the name on the spine as well, upside down when compared with the first one on the spine.

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Farseer - Aug-09-2010

Love both the finished cover and the 'inverted' concept...very clever, just like the double books of my childhood!!

Another idea that I think would be just AWESOME, just for a bit of fun, would be a 'choose-your-own-fate' book, in a choose-your-own-adventure story format...very Fool-like P and that would certainly appease all Hobb-fans everywhere!

The best part of the new cover is that it firmly links the RotE stories within the anthology to the main ones (Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) in a way not yet able to be done by Robin, as the other short stories have been published as parts of other people's works eg 'Words Like Coins' and 'Homecoming'. Hopefully this anthology will prompt Hobb-fans to then source these other, older stories (I know many of you main-stayers have not yet read them!).

Going to Jackie's blog link (given to us by Mervi from the main page), I came across another painting which intrigues me...the one used as a background for the header 'Drawing a Line in Time'...hmm...is this yet another hint as to something going to happen in the RotE tale (many characters have dark hair!) OR is the girl-on-a-cat (as opposed to girl-on-a-dragon Big Grin!) meant to portray Jackie herself, and hence has no connection to the Hobb books? Interesting...

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Farseer - Aug-10-2010

I was in Townsville today so pre-ordered my copy Yay !

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Albertosaurus Rex - Aug-10-2010

It's coming out ONE day before my birthday. Slightly too late to put on my wishlist then...

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Nuytsia - Aug-10-2010

Can't you write your wishlist now?

It's too late for mine by 3 weeks!

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Albertosaurus Rex - Aug-13-2010

And... we have a full cover!

Having a barcode on the spine looks odd, though.

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - 'thul - Aug-13-2010

Not bad... Not bad at all...

The bar code has to be somewhere, and it cant be on just one of the covers...

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - joost - Aug-13-2010

Having 'Six duchies' on the Megan Lindholm side looks odd too.

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Albertosaurus Rex - Aug-13-2010

(Aug-13-2010, 11:33 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: The bar code has to be somewhere, and it cant be on just one of the covers...

Well, I kinda did expect it to be on the back. If one would put the Megan Lindholm side up front, the spine would be on the wrong side. It would look like a book in Hebrew or Arabic, only in English, if you get what I mean. It would look plain weird.
So, reasoning that the Hobb side will be up most of the time, I thought the code would be on the back...