thePlenty.net Forums
The Inheritance (short story collection) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: The Inheritance (short story collection) (/thread-99.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Jussi - Feb-10-2011

The US cover in colour.

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Farseer - Feb-10-2011

Oh, well done, Jussi! Clapping

It almost seems strange after seeing the black and white version for so long!

EDIT: As I am helping out Mervi as moderator of the forums only, I can't actually do anything about adding items to the news page so this, or any other updated info, will not be seen there anywhere until Mervi is able to come on and add it all. Smiling

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Albertosaurus Rex - Feb-11-2011

Sure does seems strange. I'm not sure if I like it better in colour or in black and white. The yin-yang symbol is black and white, so...

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Nuytsia - Feb-12-2011

ooh i like it , same colours as 2 of my cats!

Hehehe Exhibit A
http://forums.theplenty.net/showthread.php?tid=121&pid=4872#pid4872

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Farseer - Mar-02-2011

Sorry, I don't get all the Tweet and Twitter stuff Uhhuh so I may not credit this correctly but here's a pic doing the rounds from The Voyager of The Inheritance all boxed up. As you will notice, it appears that the barcode moved from the spine onto the 'back' or the ML side...I am sure that that will make many of you very happy!! Big Grin

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Farseer - Mar-10-2011

I just read the Twitter alert re Cat's Meat! Ouch Yay I was hoping...

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Mervi - Mar-21-2011

Finished reading the book today. I know, took me way longer than expected, but "real" life is still trying to be a bit overwhelming for me. Somedays I just have to give it a side-eye and declare that this is the day for some fine hobbling No Matter What. Anyway, if you want to read my thoughts, the review is here - no huge spoilers but some plot details (character names, themes etc) are revealed.

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Farseer - Mar-21-2011

WOW Mervi...what a FANTASTIC review!! Flowers

I especially loved this intro:

Quote:I'm a big fan of the author, and would gladly read even grocery lists written by her - so don't expect unbiased opinions.

Good stuff!! Slurp In fact, I should write that before every one of my posts here...!! Big Grin

My copy is on its way...I got notification from the TBD today! *squeals!* Yay

(Feb-11-2011, 04:29 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: Sure does seems strange. I'm not sure if I like it better in colour or in black and white. The yin-yang symbol is black and white, so...

Hmm...possibly the colours are representative of two firmly-connected Farseer characters, who also have a connection to the return of "balance"? Wink

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Mervi - Mar-21-2011

What, they've started posting them? That means I need to put in my order NOW too. (What, did you think that one copy of this book would be enough for me?! Big Grin No, my UK Firsts collection needs to be complete! Crown )

Yeah, I thought a fair warning would be in order since I'm incapable of comparing Robin's books to other fantasy/anthologies etc etc, and a lot of people review books with those things in mind.

I think you guys are going to LOVE [[Cat's Meat]]. It gives a new and thought-provoking* pov to the Wit magic.

*I use that word too much, but I'm a sucker for that stuff.

RE: The Inheritance (short story collection) - Farseer - Mar-22-2011

(Mar-21-2011, 01:42 PM (UTC))Mervi Wrote: I think you guys are going to LOVE [[Cat's Meat]]. It gives a new and thought-provoking* pov to the Wit magic.

No doubt about it, being the only RH work I haven't read, it will be the FIRST thing I turn to, especially after the hints!! I'm thinking it's rather ridiculous that someone could be this excited over a book release but...there you have it....*congo voice* I am so excite-ed, I am so excite-ed...

...bring on thought-provoking! Big Grin