thePlenty.net Forums
Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Upcoming books & other RH news (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Robin's Upcoming Appearances (/thread-348.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Aug-31-2011

An update from Robin:

Quote:October 2, 2011, I ‘ll be at the Northwest Bookfest in Kirkland, Washington! Come in out of the rain and find out how to deal with life when it’s Raining Books!

January of 2012 will find me at ConFusion in Detroit, Michigan. The con’s guest of honor will be Patrick Rothfuss, and we’ll also be seeing Peter Brett, Brent Weeks and Joe Abercrombie . . . some of my favorites.

In March, I’ll be attending The Tucson Festival of Books, held on the campus of the University of Arizona.

And finally, in July, I will be the Guest of Honor at Westercon, held in Seattle this year!

Details on all of these events, and more, are listed under 'Appearances' on Robin's site - here. Smiling

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - fool-ish - Sep-01-2011

Oh! They're all on the other side of the world!

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - 'thul - Sep-02-2011

All far away.

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - finella - Sep-02-2011

I've given up hoping, that she will come to Germany one day. I asked her several times on her homepage. I didn't even get an answer. Perhaps she doesn't like Germany Down.

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - 'thul - Sep-02-2011

If Germany is unlikely, then Norway is probably less likely. Especially a part of Norway near here.

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - fool-ish - Sep-02-2011

I don't think England is looking like a favourite either

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Nuytsia - Sep-06-2011

Well I volunteer to visit all those places on her behalf then!

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Sep-07-2011

(Sep-02-2011, 10:55 AM (UTC))finella Wrote: I've given up hoping, that she will come to Germany one day. I asked her several times on her homepage. I didn't even get an answer. Perhaps she doesn't like Germany Down.

Robin did go to Belgium in April, after her trip down here to Australia, so possibly could expect some fans from Germany, France and/or the Netherlands etc to attend such an event? If they are able to, of course!

She only visited three cities during her stay in Australia, which was disappointing to many, but even those stops were quite unexpected considering how tight her schedule was for later in April/May. After returning to the US from all of her jet-setting, Robin acknowledged that it had taken quite a toll on her.

While I did manage to catch up with her in Brisbane, I had to drive and fly a considerable distance to get there and back, and it was at quite a considerable expense with regard to both money and time...given that I had a lot of other things going on, throughout the same page of the calendar. At many other times though, I'd not have been able to justify that expense, and still felt more than a little guilty on my return...and still do!

It seems to me that Robin's timetable is often drawn up by publishers and such, rather than where she chooses to go eg publishers follow events that are happening, such as Worldcon and SupaNova, as they are the ones who often seem to finance the flights, accommodation etc? For the visit to SupaNova, Robin had all such things paid for but this was in return for her time...she pretty much had to do what others wanted her to do, and when.

Still, there are more books on the horizon so she just may choose to head to the UK, Germany or Norway during the upcoming releases. Here's hoping for you that she does... Flowers ...or, you COULD settle for Nuytsia?! Big Grin

I'd enjoy a visit from you, Nuytsia, but I'm sure North Qld isn't quite what you meant! P

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Nuytsia - Sep-08-2011

The weird thing is some appearances seem to be publicised way ahead of time whereas the Australian dates didn't give much notice. I would have thought her publishers would need to plan way ahead for overseas apperances.

Hey I love North Qld and a trip would be great! If I do get up there again I'll definitely let you know. We had a brilliant holiday around Daintree and Cairns a few years back.

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Sep-20-2011

I think the trip here was hastily added to fit just prior to the trip to Belgium etc. Lucky me that it was though! Wink

Now, don't go getting all excited on me yet (because there's a solid possibility that it might never happen!) but there is a chance that Robin may be considering a visit to the Netherlands for the Elf Fantasy Festival in April of next year, after both the US and UK releases of City of Dragons. It's something on her radar but time will tell if all works well for that or not.