thePlenty.net Forums
Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Upcoming books & other RH news (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Robin's Upcoming Appearances (/thread-348.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Sep-21-2011

Whew! It's not confirmed or anything but at least Robin has posted this piece of news to her site now, which is a little more public than the newsgroup...it makes me feel better and also reads 'Fair' this time Smiling :

Quote:I’ve been invited to Elf Fantasy Fair in the Netherlands for April of 2012 and I’m desperately trying to fit that in to my writing schedule. It has absolutely everything that I love in a fantasy gathering, and the castle setting is the finishing touch. I’m so hoping that I can make this come together!

Also, here is the link to the Cinderella pic and, within the post, you will find a link that eventually gets you here to view the gown I was speaking of. Is this the one you also meant, Apricots, and the one you saw finella?

(Sep-21-2011, 08:13 AM (UTC))finella Wrote: Can you, who certainly have much more experience in visiting such events and meeting Robin, tell me, if it is like this ? Is there a chance to talk to other fans of her or even better, to have a cup of coffee with Robin ? Aaaargh Crying, I really have no idea what to expect from such an event. Please help me !!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I've just had a thought! While you're waiting for me, you may (if you haven't already) like to read the experiences of other thePlenty members who have met Robin in the past - the links to the individual reports can be seen here, in the box on the right of the page. Enjoy!! Big Grin

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - finella - Sep-22-2011

Yes Farseer, indeed, that was Malta's gown, I was thinking of. It is beautifal actifical work, isn't ?! Therefore I was remembering it so well.

I've already looked through the experiences, but that is quite some time ago. Thanks for the link, I will re-read it Wink.

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Oct-27-2011

This from Robin's site regarding some extra signing opportunities in 2012:

Quote:I’ve just updated my appearances area to include the signing dates in February for City of Dragons.

In February, I’ll launch from University Book Store in Seattle, Washington. From there, I’ll drive down to Beaverton, Oregon and the Powell’s store there, then off to Hood River for a noon talk and signing at the Columbia Gorge Community College and the Waucoma Bookstore.

After that, I will visit Fort Lewis and sign at the PX. Then it’s off to Texas and Murder by the Book in Houston, and Bookpeople as a finale in Austin Texas.

For the details, check out the actual appearances schedule here.

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Oct-30-2011

In case you're too lazy to look in the 'Appearances' tab on Robin's site Smiling , this is what it has to say regarding the dates etc for her expected visit to Elf Fantasy Fair:

Quote:04/19/12 - 04/23/12

Castle de Haar, Haarzuilens, NL Elf Fantasy Fair NL Time: 12:00pm. Age restrictions: All Ages. Address: Castle de Haar, Haarzuilens, NL.

“EFF, as we also call it, is a two days music festival with (pagan or celtic) folk bands, medieval bands, gothic bands; on one of the two stages or as a walking act. EFF is also an event with a lot of shows: jousting, battles, fire shows, horse shows, parades. And EFF is also an event where you can join all kind of dance workshops (on Irish dance, or balfolk dance or even the Maori Haku dance); or where you can listen to lectures on heraldry, roman & greek cookery, fantasy moviemaking; or where you just enjoy the stories of the best storytellers. ” But that only begins to describe it. The setting, the costumes, the friendliness of the people all make this one of my favorite fantasy events. I’ll hope to see you there. The 2012 theme is Pharoahs and Gods.

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Oct-31-2011

Just going on from previous discussions regarding Robin's appearances in various locations and how they come about, this is the response she gave when a fan from Norway asked her on her site if she would be visiting his country in the future:

Quote: I think it would be fascinating to visit Norway. But usually my travels are at the behest of my publisher, or an invitation from a Fair or other event, such as Imaginales in France or SupaNova in Australia. I most often go where I’m invited! I’ll be in the Netherlands at Elf Fantasy Fair as a result of being invited there.

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - 'thul - Nov-01-2011

That is logical. Most logical.

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Valarya - Nov-03-2011

Oh! Oh oh oh! I might fly up to Detroit for this. It's not too far away. Hobb AND Rothfuss at the same con?! Two of my top-three favorite authors!!!

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Nov-03-2011

^ That's FANTASTIC, Valarya Yay - let us know if you make it!

(Nov-01-2011, 08:19 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: That is logical. Most logical.

Of course, the moral of the story here is that if you want Robin to visit somewhere near you, get in the ear of someone who organises events of the like which she could be invited to! Wink

EDIT: Oh, just found a quick update from Robin, adding the following to her signing stops next year:

Quote:I’ll be at the Barnes and Noble, Black Lake Blvd from 2 to 4 PM on Feb. 11, 2012.

I just thought I’d let everyone know that this stop has been added to the City of Dragons Book Tour.

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Valarya - Nov-03-2011

Farseer, what's the city on that Barnes & Noble?

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - joost - Nov-03-2011

Google is your friend: Olympia (Washington)