thePlenty.net Forums
Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Upcoming books & other RH news (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Robin's Upcoming Appearances (/thread-348.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - joost - Nov-20-2011

Christopher Paolini will be at Elf Fantasy Fair too.

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Nov-20-2011

That's fantastic news, thanks joost! I wonder what my son would say if I told him that we can't afford to pay his university fees next year because I want to go to the Netherlands for EFF?! Here's hoping that scholarship application is successful! P

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - 'thul - Nov-20-2011

Such cons and festivals are always too far away...

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - fool-ish - Nov-21-2011

Agreed 'thul. And even if they are in this country, they're at the other end of it!

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - joost - Dec-16-2011

From today until 23 december, you can get €7.50 discount on Elf fantasy fair tickets:

Go to the ticket webpage on www.elffantasyfair.com and type in your code: ELF1221224

Saturdaytickets (max 2) will cost €17.50, and sundaytickets (max 2) will cost €16.

Unfortunately, I have no idea on what day Robin will appear. Paolini will be at the EFF on saturday.

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Dec-16-2011

Great pick-up, joost! I have a feeling Robin will be there the whole time but can't see anything specific on her appearances, other than the general details that I've already shared, so I may email and ask her about her schedule.
^ Asked via the Newsgroup instead...will get back as soon as Robin responds. Smiling

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Dec-18-2011

Here is Robin's response to my question about which days she will be in attendance at EFF, as well as some info regarding ConFusion in January.

Quote:I do believe I will be there both days and having a wonderful time.

I'm intrigued by this year's theme: Pharoahs and Gods, I believe it is. I think it will take the costuming off in a completely different direction, and it should be great fun.

I know very little of my schedule as yet.

I will mention there is a chance that I'll be at a Chicago convention the week before Elf Fantasy in April. When I definitely know the details, I'll share them here. * Note from Farseer - by 'here' Robin means the Newsgroup but I will pass them on here on thePlenty when they appear*

And I just got my schedule for ConFusion in January. I need to get that typed into my website. Looks like a great line up of people there: Joe Abercrombie, Elizabeth Bear, Patrick Rothfuss, Brent Weeks . . . .

I hope this helps somewhat...anything more and I will post as soon as possible.

Are you working on an amazing Pharoahs and Gods costume, joost? How about anyone else who is possibly going? EDIT: I think that if I were going, I'd have to seriously attempt an interpretation of some RotE deities! END EDIT

ConFusion sounds like a do not miss event to me!

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - joost - Dec-18-2011

(Dec-18-2011, 12:50 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Are you working on an amazing Pharoahs and Gods costume, joost?
- I'm not sure if I'm going.
- If I'm going, it's definitely NOT going to be in costume.

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Dec-18-2011

Big Grin Clapping

Funny how much my son and I stood out at SupaNova because we didn't get into costume either...! P

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Dec-21-2011

Sharing this latest from Robin's site:

Quote:I will share those updates as they come in, and of course, keep my Appearances on robinhobb.com up to date as well.

The first event of the New Year (after First Night in Tacoma, of course!) will be Confusion. Confusion is a convention held at the Detroit Marriott in Troy, Michigan from January 20 to 22.

This year I will be attending, and will definitely be at the following events at the convention, as well as wandering about in between!

Opening Ceremonies on Friday night at 8 PM

I’ll be doing a reading on Saturday at 1 PM

A panel on Care and Feeding of the writer on Saturday, 4 PM. Heads up! ELIZABETH BEAR, Jim Hines, Catherine Schaffer and Gretchen Ash are also part of this panel.

The MASS AUTOGRAPH session on Saturday at 5PM

At 8 PM Saturday, a panel called Reviews and Criticism. Gretchen Ash, Howard Andrew Jones, Jason Sanford and Christine Purcell are also panelists.

And on Sunday at 11 AM, Small Stories in Epic Fantasy panel, with Bradley Beaulieu, PATRICK ROTHFUSS, Jason Sanford and BRENT WEEKS. Caps are yes, excited shouting.

So that is for ConFusion in January!

Now, a bit more distant in the year is the Tucson Festival of Books in March. I have rumors to share! I know of two panels that I expect to be on. The first is called The Return of High Fantasy. My co-panelists include Terry Brooks, Judith Tarr, Dennis McKiernan and Naomi Novik. The second panel is called World Building Workshop, and my fellow panelists will be Jeff Mariotte, Sam Sykes, Maxwell Alexander Drake and Dennis McKiernan.

And an entirely new rumor to share! There is a chance that I will be at RT Booklovers Convention held April 11 to 15th at Rosemont, Illinois. The Chicago Comic Con is the same weekend. Would love to drop in on that! But as of now, these are not confirmed quite yet. Do let me know if you’d come by and see me at either event!

And now back to my regularly scheduled holiday craziness.

Robin