thePlenty.net Forums
Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Upcoming books & other RH news (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Robin's Upcoming Appearances (/thread-348.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Jan-13-2012

A couple of updates that I haven't crossed over from Robin's site yet:

Quote:I’ve just added another stop to my book visits!

March 8, 7:30 PM, Mysterious Galaxy! At the new Redondo Beach Store at 2810 Artesia Blvd Redondo Beach, CA 90278.

Signing at specialty stores is always a wonderful experience. The staff and the customers are there because they love the genre and are always so knowledgeable about it. That makes for great conversation and good advice on what to read next.

This will be my first visit to the new Redondo Beach store!

More details as I know them!

Robin

...and...

Quote:I just added another event to my calendar for 2012; this one is for April.

I’ll be attending the RT Booklovers Convention! I’ve never been before, so I’m very excited to be there this year.

The gathering is at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare Hotel in Rosemont, Illinois. Dates are from April 11 to the 15th. If you want to locate me easily, I’ll be on a panel on the FANTASY track called Beyond Unicorns & Elves: Writing Extraordinary Fantasy Fiction
Captain/MODERATOR: Ann Aguirre PANELISTS: Jenna Black, Yasmine Galenorn, Robin Hobb, Shawntelle Madison, Sarah Zettel (aka Marissa Day)

Right now this is scheduled for Friday 11:15-12:15, but it may change. If so, I’ll try to post here.

Hope to meet a lot of you!

Robin

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Jan-20-2012

Message from Robin via her site re ConFusion in Detroit:

Quote:Delayed for ConFusion in Detroit

Date: 2012.01.19

My flight was cancelled today and SeaTac airport shut down. I have a new flight scheduled for tomorrow, but the weather is threatening to be just as bad.

I just know you are all having a wonderful time! Wish I were there, too!

Were you heading there Valarya?

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Valarya - Jan-20-2012

(Jan-20-2012, 10:48 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Were you heading there Valarya?

Nope! It was the closest one to me but it's still a 10-hour trip (by car) and I'm moving house this weekend!!!

(In fact, I need to get off this computer and get to it, hah.)

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Jan-21-2012

Looking forward to possibly hearing all about it! Smiling

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Valarya - Jan-21-2012

Hearing all about me moving house? LOL It's not too terribly exciting, I assure you. More stressful, to be honest. Whew.

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Jan-31-2012

This from Robin's site, regarding her February appearances. I have added in the links for you where needed:

Quote:So here is a quick summary of where you can meet me in February, 2012. For more details, such as store addresses and phone numbers and specific times, please do click on the Appearances tab at the top of the robinhobb.com page.

7 Sign at University Book Store, Seattle, WA

8 Sign at Powells Books, Beaverton, Orgeon

9 Sign at Waucoma Books, Hood River Talk with Community College Students noon

10 Sign at JBLM (Joint Base Lewis McChord, near Tacoma) 4pm

11 Sign at Barnes and Noble, Black Lake Blvd, in Olympia 2Pm

16 Houston, Texas 6:30 Murder by the Book

17 Austin, Texas 6:30 /Bookpeople

I will also be visiting California and Arizona in March, Chicago in April, and I’ll be at Elf Fantasy Fair in the Netherlands in April, too. I may drop in on the Chicago Comic Con, too. Anyone else going to be there?

And of course, July will find me as the Guest of Honor at Westercon, in Seattle, WA!

I’ll post details on those dates as they get closer.

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - joost - Feb-17-2012

(Dec-16-2011, 11:41 AM (UTC))joost Wrote: Unfortunately, I have no idea on what day Robin will appear. Paolini will be at the EFF on saturday.
Robin Hobb will be present for lectures and signing sessions on both saturday and sunday.

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Feb-17-2012

Anyone else going besides joost? Can't remember anything but you haven't met Robin before have you?

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - joost - Feb-17-2012

Still not sure I'm going.

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Gielske - Feb-17-2012

I would like to see hobb and paolini, but the rest of the fair just isn't really my thing.