thePlenty.net Forums
Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Upcoming books & other RH news (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Robin's Upcoming Appearances (/thread-348.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Feb-22-2012

Mine either, Gileske, but I still managed to have a lovely time meeting up with Robin and attending the Q & A session.

Just popping in this link to Robin's Appearances tab on her site, so you can keep abreast of her movements within the US and the Netherlands in March. Flowers

I might put a little notice up on the main page about EFF a little closer to the time. Joost, if I were to pm the message to you at some point, could you possibly check details and translate it into Dutch for me please? That way I can post it in both English and Dutch...or...do you think English would just be enough? Undecided I just thought it would be a way to possibly attract some more Dutch readers over here EDIT And, of course, to pass on info about EFF to all interested Hobb fans P END EDIT. I could also put a link in for the Dutch sub-forum? Not sure. Ideas welcome! Smiling

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Feb-26-2012

Just quoting this recent post from Robin's site.

Quote:Two things I’ll be adding to my schedule today are a definite drop in at the Chicago Comic Con. It’s the same weekend and the same city as RT Booklovers convention, where I’ll be spending most of my weekend.

For Comic Con, I’m on a panel called Modern Dragon Lore, a tribute to Anne McCaffrey, on Friday, April 13 from 2:30 to 3:30.

For RT itself, I’ve a panel called Fantasy : Beyond Unicorns and Elves. That will also be on Friday, but earlier, at 11:15. And with many thanks to Linnea Sinclair, I’ll be at the Intergalactic Bar as well!

Then, of course, there’s a signing party there on Saturday from 10:30 to 2. So I think there will be lots of opportunities for me to meet Chicago readers.

New on the horizon is that I will be at DragonCon! It’s August 31 to September 3rd in Atlanta, Georgia. I’ll put up more about that as I know it! It’s the biggest multimedia pop culture convention in the universe!

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Apr-29-2012

(Apr-25-2012, 12:15 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Yes indeed, better to be informed of possible events well in advance, especially if those events are based in London! Everything costs twice as much down there Ouch So I thank you Farseer for letting me know Big Grin

Great news! Just letting you all know that Robin has confirmed that she will definitely be "visiting the UK in the first week and a half of March in 2013"! Crown Clapping That is all she knows about her visit at this stage but that, at least, is set in concrete and thus able to be shared.

More as soon as it develops... Flowers

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - fool-ish - May-01-2012

(Apr-29-2012, 09:07 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote:
(Apr-25-2012, 12:15 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Yes indeed, better to be informed of possible events well in advance, especially if those events are based in London! Everything costs twice as much down there Ouch So I thank you Farseer for letting me know Big Grin

Great news! Just letting you all know that Robin has confirmed that she will definitely be "visiting the UK in the first week and a half of March in 2013"! Crown Clapping That is all she knows about her visit at this stage but that, at least, is set in concrete and thus able to be shared.

More as soon as it develops... Flowers
YayClappingMagic Now to see what I can do about getting there!

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - May-22-2012

For those of you thinking of attending, here's Robin's schedule (taken from her via the Newsgroup) for Fandom Fest in Louisville, KY, from June 29th to July 1st. It sounds fantastic! Flowers

Quote:• Friday 7pm Beckham Room Exploring Genres Fantasy: An open panel discussion looking at the Fantasy genre as a whole, past, present, and future, with an emphasis on the current writing/publishing trends in fantasy at the moment. Co-panelists include Michael Williams (one of the first DragonLance authors), D.A. Adams, Laura Resnick (DAW/Wizards of the Coast), Jim C. Hines (DAW), Carole Malcolm (M) (senior editor/reviewer at Bitten By Books and a main moderator at DragonCon)

• Saturday 11:30 am Exploring Genres Epic Fantasy: This panel has a narrower focus than the Fantasy Panel from Friday night. This one will take a close look at Epic Fantasy, with a little more time spent on defining what Epic Fantasy is, highlighting some premium examples, and speculating on where Epic Fantasy appears to be headed. Co-panelists include: Carol Malcolm (M) H. David Blalock, Terry W. Ervin, Gail Z Martin (Orbit/Solar), and Laura Resnick

• Saturday 4:00pm Jones Room Spotlight Robin Hobb: To be moderated/guided by Lee Martindale (writer/editor who serves on the Board of Directors at SFWA, fantastic moderator), this session will highlight Robin's work, what has come before, what is happening now, and what fans can look forward to from her in the near future.

• Sunday 12 Noon Expo Area/Joseph-Beth Booth Guest of Honor Signing: This session allows for a full 90 minutes if needed Joseph Beth will definitely be stocking and selling her titles at the adjacent exhibition space they have at Fandom Fest.

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Jul-06-2012

Anyone looking to head to Westercon may find this and this helpful, particularly if you are looking to meet up with our Tangle Leader there.

Let us know if you attend. Flowers

Oh, also just wanting to bring post #54 ^ to your attention, londonlassie. Will share more when we have more. Smiling

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Jul-12-2012

Missed Westercon? Find out what went on from our Tangle Leader via her site. There you will also find some info re her attendance at San Diego's Comic Con if you are interested. Slurp Anyone going? The Epic Fantasy panel would be 'most excellent' to sit in on and be a part of, I think!

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Aug-25-2012

Here's a link to Robin's site for details regarding her upcoming appearances in Atlanta, Georgia, at Dragoncon and the Decatur Book Festival.

I find I'm wishing that I was going to be over in Atlanta on those dates but no chance of that. Too much land and too much ocean to cross... Down

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - Farseer - Sep-04-2012

Okay, so, it's a very long way off yet but I thought that if you knew about it, and would like to attend, it would give you time to plan...and save! P

As well as any plans for Robin to be in London next year for the release of Blood of Dragons, she will also be there in 2014 at the ExCel Exhibition Centre from August 14th to 18th for Loncon 3.

Now you Poms can stop your whinging...you're getting a visit from our Tangle Leader two years in a row! Big Grin

RE: Robin's Upcoming Appearances - mmmmmmm - Sep-04-2012

We can still whinge: there are far nicer places in the UK she could visit than London P